alt.binaries.teevee

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
MetallicaDan

alt.binaries.teevee

Post by MetallicaDan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:07 am

It doesn't seem like SuperSearch is finding anything from this group for the last day or so?

Ardel

Re: alt.binaries.teevee

Post by Ardel » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:37 am

Same issue here.
After research, I can see things listed in web usenet search engine, some listed 9-10hrs prior.
In fact, the whole group is showing empty, Seems an issue beyond nwsleecher.
a similar issue occured a couple weeks ago, where there was a 16hrs gap on the group and whatever was posted was corrupted.

What usenet provider are u using ? I have g.i.g.a.n.e.w.s.

MetallicaDan

Post by MetallicaDan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:50 am

I'm using NewsLeecher for usenet access.

Ardel

Post by Ardel » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:07 am

actually, correction, my search didnt pertain to specific teevee available content.

After a new test ( refreshing the headers in the group teevee) , you can see a lot of post with , buymore@suprnova.com poster, it is basically the same issue as a couple weeks ago, unfortunately, it seems the group's server is being spammed upload, you can see that from the vast amount of large upload at the same time from the same poster.

Ardel

Post by Ardel » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:11 am

seems to be recovering now, posts are showing back in the group's headers for the last 20 mins

Ardel

Post by Ardel » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:17 am

Add the specific groups into the "articles" tab, and refresh to the latest day, you should be able to have a better sense of the situation in doubt of Supersearch server returning nothing, and you can still search within the group so you dont loose functionality, it is a workaround also when Supersearch is not behaving :)

MetallicaDan

Post by MetallicaDan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:43 am

Ardel wrote:Add the specific groups into the "articles" tab, and refresh to the latest day, you should be able to have a better sense of the situation in doubt of Supersearch server returning nothing, and you can still search within the group so you dont loose functionality, it is a workaround also when Supersearch is not behaving :)
Thanks, I'll try that. Funny enough I've only ever used the SuperSearch feature in NewsLeecher... I've never even looked at the articles tab.

phunk

Post by phunk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:02 am

You could also use nxbindex.nl, which should catch pretty much anything. I find it a lot less hassle than pissing about with individual groups, TBH.
It's really annoying when supersearch doesn't work like it should, as it means I've missed stuff that should have been grabbed with superleech. Especially when I'm paying for this service....

MetallicaDan

Post by MetallicaDan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:16 pm

It seems to be back to normal now, I'm seeing new posts in alt.binaries.teevee

Blakeyrat

Post by Blakeyrat » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:41 am

Ardel wrote:actually, correction, my search didnt pertain to specific teevee available content.

After a new test ( refreshing the headers in the group teevee) , you can see a lot of post with , buymore@suprnova.com poster, it is basically the same issue as a couple weeks ago, unfortunately, it seems the group's server is being spammed upload, you can see that from the vast amount of large upload at the same time from the same poster.
Yes, buymore@suprnova.com is constantly posting a large number of files to alt.binaries.teevee. It isn't even actual spam, It's just the same 4 or 5 TV shows uploaded over and over under different garbage names (for example 16e55848c6624d5d84d1d5f234478f67).

intravenous

Post by intravenous » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:59 am

this is happening again. Searching for anything posted in alt.binaries.teevee that is less than a day old just returns "no search matches were found"

MetallicaDan

Post by MetallicaDan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:58 pm

intravenous wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:59 am
this is happening again. Searching for anything posted in alt.binaries.teevee that is less than a day old just returns "no search matches were found"
Yeah most stuff gets pulled right away... I think it's time to go back to VPN+torrents since Newsleecher just isn't the source it used to be.

intravenous

Post by intravenous » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:28 am

MetallicaDan wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:58 pm
intravenous wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:59 am
Yeah most stuff gets pulled right away... I think it's time to go back to VPN+torrents since Newsleecher just isn't the source it used to be.
this only applies to newsleecher, other search engines dont have the same issue

Shalom2010

Post by Shalom2010 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:30 pm

It's probably due to the SuperSearch crash a few days ago...takes a while to reindex.
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

guidorobben

Post by guidorobben » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:10 pm

It is happening again. Nothing with SuperSearch or SuperLeech