SS Doesn't Seem to Work?

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Tue May 31, 2005 2:41 pm

elite wrote:Guys don't fret about it - we will get those days back as free top up - probably he might even give us a week extra... :lol:
your wish came true

Depappa

Post by Depappa » Tue May 31, 2005 2:50 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS it's WORKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer » Tue May 31, 2005 2:55 pm

SusiBiker wrote:At a guess, the SS engine must have been down too and is now re-indexing Giganews from scratch.

Can anyone confirm this?
If you look at www.newsleecher.com/ss.php , it seems to have recovered from the serveral day outage already

Troogroove

Post by Troogroove » Tue May 31, 2005 11:13 pm

I have tried the Super Search and all i keep getting is not reply was received. Please try again in Half an Hour.

I am using Version 2.1 Final Oh and I just purchased the software too.

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz » Tue May 31, 2005 11:36 pm

Troogroove wrote:I have tried the Super Search and all i keep getting is not reply was received. Please try again in Half an Hour.

Super Search is currently up. Please take a minute and use the search button to find one of many current articles that deal with possible solutions to fixing your problem. It may be an issue with your firewall, antivirus, motherboard/NIC drivers, etc.

techfuzz

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips » Tue May 31, 2005 11:42 pm

Troogroove wrote:I have tried the Super Search and all i keep getting is not reply was received. Please try again in Half an Hour.

In order to use Super Search Newsleecher needs to access www.newsleecher.com using ports 80 and 119 (TCP). Make sure there is not a firewall/router firewall blocking NL's access to these ports.
When you start NL does the News tab receive a proper response or is there an error?
Which firewall and av software are you using?

--
Lips

Troogroove

Post by Troogroove » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:12 am

Lips wrote:

In order to use Super Search Newsleecher needs to access www.newsleecher.com using ports 80 and 119 (TCP). Make sure there is not a firewall/router firewall blocking NL's access to these ports.
When you start NL does the News tab receive a proper response or is there an error?
Which firewall and av software are you using?

--
Lips
When I start up I can get the news page and a pop-up telling me there is a new beta version. I amusing Sygate Personal Firewall and Newsleecher has access in full. My pc is behind a router but set into the DMZ so there is no problems there. My Anti-Virus is Avast.

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:48 am

Troogroove wrote:My Anti-Virus is Avast.
Disable the NNTP scanning in Avast. This feature causes problems with NL.
See if this alleviates the problem.

--
Lips

Brisling

Post by Brisling » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:12 pm

Lips wrote:
Troogroove wrote:My Anti-Virus is Avast.
Disable the NNTP scanning in Avast. This feature causes problems with NL.
See if this alleviates the problem.

--
Lips
:oops: Where can the NNTP scanning be disabled??

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:46 pm

Please see this post for instructions and continue your discussion over in that thread instead of this one.

Thanks.

zijdenv

Post by zijdenv » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:32 pm

Up till now I still got a problem with Super Search-engine. Everytime I try, the following error appears:

"Error - Unable to receive a reply from the Super Search Engine. Reason the SS-Engine might be temporarily down. Please try again in an hour..."

The log doesn't show any errors and whether I use the 2.1 or the 2.3 version still no SS. Even disabling the firewall and/or my NortonAV doesn't work. (I'm using Versatel as my newsprovider)

I also imported a nzb-file to test if the downloading still works and it did without a problem.

Can someone help me out here? It used to work before NewsLeecher went down a couple of days ago...

Getting real depressed here

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:59 am

I ran a small test just now, and SS works. Is the news-page displayed in newsleecher?
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

hanzo

Post by hanzo » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:27 am

ss down

nl page loads

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:47 am

Newsleecher News Page wrote:Jun 05, 2005
SuperSearch will be down for the next hours time, due to maintenance

spinning27

Why SS needs to connect AGAIN after results are listed?

Post by spinning27 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:54 am

Why SS has to connect AGAIN to the SS-server, when giving the 'leech' command from the SS-Results page? The articles can be found on the original subscribed newsservers instead of getting the info from SS, though?

After the SS-Search SS went down, but I had the results already. NL should be able to start downloading or not???? But before NL goes to Status QEUED it first connects AGAIN to SS.... Why???? NL has the full header..... or not....