SS Doesn't Seem to Work?

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
john2905

Post by john2905 »

I think it is time to call this feature "Soft-search" instead of "Super-search", because today it's again a disaster, with error's, bugs and not working engine.

Voque

Post by Voque »

error: unable to receive a reply from the super search engine

Beachie41

Post by Beachie41 »

SS still down? Goes throught the motions of searching i.e awaiting response/recieving response. But no listings are returned, despite trying several common searches where I know the files/subject heading exist :?:
Life is a beach!!

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Post by dwazegek »

weird... i haven't has a ss down message in almost a week now. maybe i'm just using it at all the right moments ;)

ofcorse

SS down again

Post by ofcorse »

Why not in the massagebox information when the SuperSearch function is down. Then you know when it's stops and starts gain without making any bad moods with the costumers.
It is down quite often.

ofcorse

SS down again

Post by ofcorse »

Why not in the massagebox information when the SuperSearch function is down. Then you know when it's stops and starts gain without making any bad moods with the costumers.
It is down quite often. Now again it is down.

PiForever

Post by PiForever »

What did you guys expect from a beta service??? Having said that, lately all the time I used it, it worked…so I guess I’m another lucky user!!!
Quad Q6600 2.4 - GB P35-DS3L- 8GB RAM - VISTA64 - 20Mbit

loracweb

Outdated newsleecher version????

Post by loracweb »

What i expect from a BETA product is that it runs pretty much all the time, but has some bugs. I don't expect it to be perfect by any means, but this latest error just leaves me wondering.

I went to use the supersearch this morning, and I got a message about how my version of newsleecher is too old to use the SuperSearch feature. Which seems funny, since it is 2.b6...

PiForever

Re: Outdated newsleecher version????

Post by PiForever »

loracweb wrote:What i expect from a BETA product is that it runs pretty much all the time, but has some bugs.
I consider that final! You can never produce something w/o bugs in it.
Quad Q6600 2.4 - GB P35-DS3L- 8GB RAM - VISTA64 - 20Mbit

zodiac

Post by zodiac »

mtamimi wrote:
loracweb wrote:What i expect from a BETA product is that it runs pretty much all the time, but has some bugs.
I consider that final! You can never produce something w/o bugs in it.
true,look at windows ;)

I went to use the supersearch this morning, and I got a message about how my version of newsleecher is too old to use the SuperSearch feature. Which seems funny, since it is 2.b6...
:roll: :roll: :roll: http://www.newsleecher.com/?id=download

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Post by dwazegek »

loracweb wrote:What i expect from a BETA product is that it runs pretty much all the time, but has some bugs. I don't expect it to be perfect by any means, but this latest error just leaves me wondering.

doens't it run pretty much all the time? i've seen no error messages in about a week now. the message to upgrade to a newer version is not an error.

remember there isn't a huge company backing newsleecher, so virtually all testing has to be done by the users, spiril somply doesn't have the means to test newsleecher on all kinds of different configurations, so you'll encounter more bugs and errors with nl than with some other programs.
Forum's Grammar Nazi:
I will hunt you down if you don't lose the extra o.

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

dwazegek wrote:
loracweb wrote:What i expect from a BETA product is that it runs pretty much all the time, but has some bugs. I don't expect it to be perfect by any means, but this latest error just leaves me wondering.

doens't it run pretty much all the time? i've seen no error messages in about a week now. the message to upgrade to a newer version is not an error.

remember there isn't a huge company backing newsleecher, so virtually all testing has to be done by the users, spiril somply doesn't have the means to test newsleecher on all kinds of different configurations, so you'll encounter more bugs and errors with nl than with some other programs.
Agreed. The message is not an error. The updated beta product contains changes. So, just update your version.
And, has been said many times before: it's beta, there will be some bugs.

--
Lips

Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I surely would like to become an e-mail when a product has GOT TO BE updated in order to use all features!
Especially being a paying user
:)
And besides.... the SS is out of order WAY TO OFTEN!
Hope this wil be solved SOON!

ofcorse

supersearch out all night

Post by ofcorse »

Why not a message on the homepage that the ss is out all night. It's a lot out of order last week.

ofcorse

hands up for ss

Post by ofcorse »

now its tonight the whole night not working without any message from the newsleecherteam. are they on holliday? i hope tomorrow will be a new day with a working ss. :evil: