supersearch down again and again and again

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
ofcorse

supersearch down again and again and again

Post by ofcorse »

The supersearch is down again and again. Most of time time the supersearch is down. But i don't see anything on the site.

The-One

Post by The-One »

same here..... :roll:

Edit: Just downloaded version 2beta6, and SSearch is working again.

sf49er

Post by sf49er »

does it ever go a day without going down?
I bought newsleecher about 3 weeks ago and finally decided this past weekend to see what this supersearch thing is. needless to say i was very impressed, to search a mass list of binaries so quickly was great. but its gone down every day this week, atleast for me. it was crashing on me as well.

what kind of retention does the engine have?

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

sf49er wrote:does it ever go a day without going down?
I bought newsleecher about 3 weeks ago and finally decided this past weekend to see what this supersearch thing is. needless to say i was very impressed, to search a mass list of binaries so quickly was great. but its gone down every day this week, atleast for me. it was crashing on me as well. what kind of retention does the engine have?
To be honest. no. The super search still crashes at least once a day for some odd, and very annoying, reason. I'm still looking into why it happens. I suspect a flood attack to be the reason as I'm totally unable to reproduce the problem on my own computer. But not sure yet. But trust me, I'm working on getting this fixed so I can move on to new adventures :)

You can check the SS retention by going to the super search tab in NewsLeecher, and select 'Retention Information' from the 'Misc' toolbar popup menu. It's currently 21 days, but when everything gets stable it will probably be 30 (or maybe even 50) days. Might stretch it even further if any of the usenet providers someday will support longer binary retention.

Btw, why not use the official sticky thread for 'SS doesn't work!' posts?

It can be found here:
viewtopic.php?t=3099

Cheers
Spiril

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

and please remember that SS is still in beta. It will go down often.