supersearch doesn't find anything

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Desiree

supersearch doesn't find anything

Post by Desiree »

Using the words "cold" "case" as search string (without the " ") in the catagory other, there are no files found.
Using the strong "Cold.case.208" super search finds a few files (files are just being posted).
shouldn't the results be the same? I have noticed this before

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Re: supersearch doesn't find anything

Post by dwazegek »

Desiree wrote:Using the words "cold" "case" as search string (without the " ") in the catagory other, there are no files found.
Using the strong "Cold.case.208" super search finds a few files (files are just being posted).
i think if you put quotes around the words, ss searches for the literal string, try it without the quotes

Desiree

Post by Desiree »

dwazegek wrote:
Desiree wrote:Using the words "cold" "case" as search string (without the " ") in the catagory other, there are no files found.
i think if you put quotes around the words, ss searches for the literal string, try it without the quotes
So I did :wink:
without the " " I just didn't call them quotes. English isn't my native language

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Post by dwazegek »

Desiree wrote:
dwazegek wrote:
So I did :wink:
without the " " I just didn't call them quotes. English isn't my native language
:oops: guess my coffee hadn't kicked in yet :wink: