down again!

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
astrouga

Re: down again!

Post by astrouga »

SupersSearch indexing is definitely down as of 1.1 days ago. I get search results back for anything over that age, but nothing comes back for anything in the last day.

This service is really at an all time low. Perhaps it is time to switch. Anyone have a suggestion for a similar tool (indexing service and searching tool)?

deos555

Post by deos555 »

The semi functional and limited Deobfuscated supersearch function via the "latest" button for TV searches was the only reason I have held on. I get great movie searches via NZBFINDER. I am with you in my search efforts to find a general replacement. I have been here since 2005 and I guess I just held onto what was familiar.

bowie

Post by bowie »

I send them a mail yesterday and one a few hours ago.
Got a mail back from NL SuperSearch.
"Yes we had some issues with the index. It's rebuilding and should be back in 1-2 hours from now. We still working on the system and products."

deos555

Post by deos555 »

Not pulling any Deobfuscated posts for past few hours, no errors, just no results

deos555

Post by deos555 »

No Deobfuscated posts for past 7 hours, no errors, just no results

deos555

Post by deos555 »

Down once again. No SS for multiple hours. I don't think they monitor their service offering on weekends

GoodNews

Post by GoodNews »

I'm starting to worry they are struggling as a business.
This stuff lately with unreliability seems like a bad sign.

deos555

Post by deos555 »

Yes I agree. They have a decent product offering but seem to struggle with updates and stability. The last news posting in the app was from Oct 2020. I would think if you wanted to instill confidence in the product they would have regular updates (the good and the bad). I was with Newsgrabber and switched to newsleecher a very long time ago. I have stayed with the product because I know the good and the bad and how to navigate it well. Maybe time to bite the bullet and see what else is out there.

deos555

Post by deos555 »

Super Search not returning any deobfuscated results for ~ past 7 hours. Appears down again

antoninb111

Post by antoninb111 »

They need to reboot the Pentium server under the desk.

rmhochman42

Post by rmhochman42 »

Sent to Support today -

So, another couple of weeks have passed since the status page finally acknowledged the feed and de-obfuscation issues that have lasted at least 6 weeks of longer so far. But once again, a vague "We're working on it", without any targeted fix" date just doesn't cut the mustard. At this point, Newsleecher is practically useless to me and many others. Unless I obtain an NZB from another source (which I may have to pay to subscribe to), I can't locate any files with Newsleecher Supersearch. First your product was crippled by not being able to handle the new obfuscation method that is now in wide-spread use, and lately, even having an obfuscated file-name doesn't return any search results in Supersearch. So come on, let's see a target "Fix" date or it will be time for you users to set "Good-bye" target dates. We are not getting what we are paying for.

antoninb111

Post by antoninb111 »

Given all of the evidence that we as a community have seen, I don't think there's much doubt that NL and SuperSearch are not being maintained. Many of us have already moved on, as a result. Too bad. NL was once THE newsgroup app to have. Now, it is THE newsgroup app to avoid.

deos555

Post by deos555 »

Must be having issues. The super search engine is being restarted for the past 8 hours. That is a long startup time for a service.

deos555

Post by deos555 »

Here we go again. Super Search not returning any deobfuscated results for many hours

GChand

Post by GChand »

deos555 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:33 am
Here we go again. Super Search not returning any deobfuscated results for many hours
SS is returning ZERO results, not just deobfuscated, 14.5 hours as of right now.