Supersearch only goes back 396 days max

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Arsby

Supersearch only goes back 396 days max

Post by Arsby »

Can I address this again, please?
On the Status page under the Supersearch section it says Service Article Retention is 1506 days.
Yet when I go to Supersearch, and fill in "group:sounds mindays:400 maxdays:1500" I get nothing at all. (When I dial it back to Min:390 I get plenty.)

It's a little uneven. I found that one of my favorite groups, abp.models.petite, only goes back 360 days.

Could you please let us know that you're aware of the problem and let us know if anything is being done about it?

Thank you. Just want to let you know that all other parts of your service seem to be working well, and I appreciate that.

Blakeyrat

Re: Supersearch only goes back 396 days max

Post by Blakeyrat »

Unfortunately, SuperSearch is useless junk. Just like Newsleecher, which has been abandoned and hasn't been updated in years.

They advertise their Usenet service as having 4,625 days of retention (12 years). But Super Search only goes back 4 years at most. And that's only for certain things. Many times, you'll get less. And they have no interest in fixing anything. They will keep it running just barely enough to get your money and that's it.

Antonin

Post by Antonin »

Honestly, someone should come along with a superior app that handles obfuscation and passwording right out of the box. As for searches, the newsgroup providers are in the best position to provide that. If I was writing an app from scratch, I'd figure out a way to leverage their history, without having to mirror it myself on servers that I would need to maintain.

AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Antonin wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:36 pm
Honestly, someone should come along with a superior app that handles obfuscation and passwording right out of the box.
they are called paid indexers, you can find list of them by googling although most are invite only you should find a couple that will allow access for $