Question: Buy now or wait?

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Rain

Question: Buy now or wait?

Post by Rain »

Ok, so i've been using newsleecher for a while and now that supersearch is not avaliable for trial users anymore i was wondering...

should i buy newsleecher now or wait until the supersearch service is avaliable for sale?

I'd buy (or should i say rent? That's the only thing i don't like about this deal.. only one year subscription? it should be lifetime like... every single other newsreader out there?) the supersearch right now if it was avaliable, but it isn't... so i don't know if i should wait or not..

any thoughs? Any news about what kind of discount people that already have newsleecher and don't want to pay other 25 bucks for supersearch will have?

edit: sorry if this is the wrong forum, but it seemed to be the most appropriate one...

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Post by dwazegek »

you can buy a 1 year subscription to ss + 1 year of newsleecher upgrades for $30 (i think, check the order price for the cost), the year will start 01-01-2005, so there's no real reason to wait

what do you mean that super search isn't available at the moment? it is available (at least it was last night ;) )

those that already have newsleecher, won't have to pay extra to use super search, they cna upgrade their subscription to a super search subscription. i don't think there are any discounts.

check http://www.newsleecher.com/?id=buy for the details.
Forum's Grammar Nazi:
I will hunt you down if you don't lose the extra o.

Rain

Post by Rain »

Hmm.. i said "not avaliable" as in "the purchase option is not avaliable"...

checking again now.. well.. there's is a option, but i'm still puzzled...

yes, i understand that if i buy it now, it'll only start counting on january... but does that mean i'll only be able to use supersearch in january, or i'll get a key and be able to register and use supersearch minutes after the purchase,
and the one year counting only begins on january?

It's kinda confusing...

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

i'll get a key and be able to register and use supersearch minutes after the purchase, and the one year counting only begins on january?
This part is correct