Results of SS not available on my servers?

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
teecee

Results of SS not available on my servers?

Post by teecee »

I've been trying to figure what server SS moderates to gat the list of headers available. Most of the time, when I try to dl from the results of a search, the files aren't there. The headers were only about 10 days old. I was using Giganews, Newshosting and Teranews. All of these should have handled 10 day old posts. The group was a.b.p.erotica.

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Re: Results of SS not available on my servers?

Post by dwazegek »

teecee wrote:I've been trying to figure what server SS moderates to gat the list of headers available. Most of the time, when I try to dl from the results of a search, the files aren't there. The headers were only about 10 days old. I was using Giganews, Newshosting and Teranews. All of these should have handled 10 day old posts. The group was a.b.p.erotica.
maybe the ss is giving you incorrect message-ids, it is however more likely that the post was done with binhex/base64 encoding, newsleecher doesn't support those encoding formats. turn on detailed logging in the options menu and check what the logs says.
Forum's Grammar Nazi:
I will hunt you down if you don't lose the extra o.

teecee

Post by teecee »

Activated the detail log and repeated the search. This is the log it gave me:
12/15/2004 11:31:58 AM Starting Super Search ... Please Wait ...
12/15/2004 11:31:58 AM * Category : Image
12/15/2004 11:31:58 AM * Search For : "*hegre*".
12/15/2004 11:31:58 AM * Max Days : 18 Days
12/15/2004 11:32:00 AM Super Search - Article Entries Fetched!

What should it be telling me?

To further investigate this anomaly, I downloaded the headers for a.b.p.erotica to bnr2. I used the same servers as before. The posts found by SS were not listed here, either

zodiac

Post by zodiac »

my brother is just learning NL and two days ago he ask me to grab a set at a.b.p.e that he searched on SS,but was unable to download it.
he has verizon and i have verizon and newshosting.even though it was posted 11 days before, it should be on both servers,but was not.
i had checked headers on both servers.
search word: archangel

peste

Post by peste »

Weird... I get the same problem when using your keyword. I have to admit this is the first time I'm seeing anything like this with SS and my NSP, UNS.