Super Search Costs for already registered users

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Sabrina

Super Search Costs for already registered users

Post by Sabrina » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:54 am

Ok I have looked around and there doesnt seem to be an answer to my question (unless i am blind which is a possibility) Anyway, my question is:

How much will super search cost us users that have all ready bought Newsleecher before the first official release?

In other words how much extra (if any) will it cost to add it to the existing two year registration, or will you be able to only add it for one year?

Ok hope I have made myself clear. :?

Thanks for reading and/or answering. :lol:

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Re: Super Search Costs for already registered users

Post by dwazegek » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:42 pm

DrJ wrote:Ok I have looked around and there doesnt seem to be an answer to my question (unless i am blind which is a possibility) Anyway, my question is:

How much will super search cost us users that have all ready bought Newsleecher before the first official release?

In other words how much extra (if any) will it cost to add it to the existing two year registration, or will you be able to only add it for one year?

Ok hope I have made myself clear. :?

Thanks for reading and/or answering. :lol:
already reg'd users can convert their 2 year subscription to a 1 year + ss subscription. this will be free of charge.
Forum's Grammar Nazi:
I will hunt you down if you don't lose the extra o.

Pavaronnie

Post by Pavaronnie » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:48 pm

When will it be possible to change this?
Will we receive an update email on that?
Or should we contact Dibil ourselves for this convert?
Am I right that the first year will be free of charge for registered users, is that what you mean bij free change?

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Post by dwazegek » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:59 pm

Pavaronnie wrote:When will it be possible to change this?
Will we receive an update email on that?
Or should we contact Dibil ourselves for this convert?
Am I right that the first year will be free of charge for registered users, is that what you mean bij free change?
it's spiril, not dibil ;)
there has been no official notice on how the subscription conversion is going to be handled for registered users, only that we will be given the opportunity to do so before ss goes final
it will simply convert your 2years of newsleecher to 1 year + ss, so you'll get 1 year (starting 1 Jan 2005) of free upgrades and ss access.
Forum's Grammar Nazi:
I will hunt you down if you don't lose the extra o.

kino100

Super Search

Post by kino100 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:23 am

I am a registered user since 9 months and have had up and down with Nl.
So I hope Spiril will be correct and give the already registered users a free update for version 2.0 and using super search for 1 year

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Re: Super Search

Post by dwazegek » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:24 am

kino100 wrote:I am a registered user since 9 months and have had up and down with Nl.
So I hope Spiril will be correct and give the already registered users a free update for version 2.0 and using super search for 1 year
he already said he'd do this
i'm hoping for discounts now (e.g. 50% off on subscription renewal)

Randall_Lind

I am new to newsleecher but my understanding .....

Post by Randall_Lind » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:24 pm

Supersearch is free if you brought a 2 year sub to Newsleecher for $34.95? Is this true or am I miss understanding something.

I am spending $15/month for newshosting, $5/20 weeks for newzbin and $34.95 for 2 years of newsleecher

So I really don't want to pay more for newsleecher if not needed. I went to newsleecher because it is the only reader that has a download qeue and handle nbz the way I liked,

Since going to a real NNTP provider it broke Agent newsreader can't handle all the headers and Newsleecher seem fine with it.

Next addon you all need to think about a built in text reader useing notepad sucks but then I am not really useing newsleecher to post.

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Post by dwazegek » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:51 pm

if you previously bought a 2year subscription to newsleecher, you can convert that to 1 year + supersearch when super search goes final. converting your subscription will be free

Randall_Lind

forget it

Post by Randall_Lind » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:38 pm

I got a newzbin account no need to pay for supersearch.

lstep

Re: forget it

Post by lstep » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:56 am

Randall_Lind wrote:I got a newzbin account no need to pay for supersearch.
Actually, both are quite useful and work well together.

ls

Magsel

Post by Magsel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:01 pm

dwazegek wrote:if you previously bought a 2year subscription to newsleecher, you can convert that to 1 year + supersearch when super search goes final. converting your subscription will be free
Are u sure it's free :?:
Because now I have 2 year subscription to NL, which means $ 17,48 for 1 year.
When I convert I get 1 year subscription to NL and super search, which means I lose 1 year subscription to NL ergo I lose $ 17,48, ergo 1 year ss will cost me $ 17,48.

But it's still cheaper then $ 2,95 for 1 month :)

Randall_Lind

Post by Randall_Lind » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:53 pm

no option to buy supersearch just say 1 year 29.95 or 2 years 34.95. So is supersearch only for the elite memebers?

So I am thinking about converting 2 to 1 year but no option I see. how is it free if there no option to convert???

dwazegek
Forum Moderator

Post by dwazegek » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:59 pm

Randall_Lind wrote:no option to buy supersearch just say 1 year 29.95 or 2 years 34.95. So is supersearch only for the elite memebers?

So I am thinking about converting 2 to 1 year but no option I see. how is it free if there no option to convert???
the one year subscription is the super search subscription. as for converting your subscription, this will probably only made possible when super search goes final, until then all reg'd users can use it (well, could use it if it was working ;) )