Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
i2k

Post by i2k » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:36 pm

Try downloading to a nzb then clicking the nzb file. This method just worked for me.

MrBungle

Post by MrBungle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:41 pm

Not been working for me properly for a few days now either. Have to repeatedly hit the go button until it finally seems to work, only for it to return that there are no matches even though I know there are. Very odd and highly frustrating.

jericko

Post by jericko » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:21 pm

MrBungle wrote:Not been working for me properly for a few days now either. Have to repeatedly hit the go button until it finally seems to work, only for it to return that there are no matches even though I know there are. Very odd and highly frustrating.
The past week, it has been down,and nothing on the homepage. Is this being looked into?

Cannibul

Post by Cannibul » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:13 pm

i2k wrote:Try downloading to a nzb then clicking the nzb file. This method just worked for me.
Sorry to be so blunt but what does using a .nzb file have to do with using SuperSearch?

Hecks

Post by Hecks » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:26 am

Cannibul wrote:
i2k wrote:Try downloading to a nzb then clicking the nzb file. This method just worked for me.
Sorry to be so blunt but what does using a .nzb file have to do with using SuperSearch?
I think he means exporting search results to an NZB file, and then importing that. You still need to send a new request to the server for this, though, so I can't see how that helps.

On the other hand, if the post includes an nzb file already, you can just download that single file and open it in NL instead (select then hit Enter if NZBs are associated with NL). It's at least a bit easier to keep hitting Enter on each failed response from the server ... but doesn't help if you can't get any search results in the first place, of course. There's always this:

http://www.binsearch.info

-Hecks

Moneyaddyct

Post by Moneyaddyct » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:34 pm

It's been working for me since yesterday.

Cannibul

Post by Cannibul » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:41 am

Ok, here is the strange thing. SS has not worked for me since I installed 3.9 b2. So just for giggles today I installed 3.9 b1 on my laptop and guess what??? SS works. Every time. No problem at all. With 3.9 b2 I have not had a single successful search. Not one. And it can take up to five minutes to come back with the error.

Moneyaddyct

Post by Moneyaddyct » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:19 pm

It's not working again...

Cannibul

Post by Cannibul » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:39 am

I had it working on the laptop now it won't work there either. So it appears not to be a 3.9 b2 problem.

twin

No Response from Supersearch

Post by twin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:37 pm

Supersearch was working fine last week but now seems to have stopped working. I know the news says there's some maintenance going on but I can't get a response at all just the error message 'Supersearch may be down for maintenance' after about 5 minutes of waiting. Supersearch is working for my friends so any ideas what I should do?

Speedy2k5

Post by Speedy2k5 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:20 pm

Been a loyal and happy Newsleecher customer for almost 2 years and have never had trouble with Supersearch until the last week or two...multiple retries to get a response, sometimes a certain category doesn't work (as I write this, I can't get a response from the Main category, but others work after a few retries).

What is happening? Can we get a post from Spiril or someone who knows what's going on?? I see the news post from March 26th acknoledges the problem, but since it hasn't been fixed yet, I wonder what the currrent status of this issue is??

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:24 pm

Checkout the news headline on the frontpage.

SuperSearch is currently being restarted. It'll be up again in 10 minutes time.

Hopefully the "retry" problem is history now. If it isn't we'll have to make one more SS hardware upgrade before we can get it completely fixed.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Moneyaddyct

Post by Moneyaddyct » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:10 pm

Unfortunately the problem isn't history :-(

Magsel

Post by Magsel » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:40 pm

it's good to know the problem is fixed for NL 3.8 final
since last week I didn't have to retry anymore

Speedy2k5

Post by Speedy2k5 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:47 pm

Thanks for the update Spiril.

It has improved on my end over the last half-hour or so.