Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Phunt

Post by Phunt »

Its working again for me now , but god knows how long for.

daweeze02

Post by daweeze02 »

hanging here also

screamer

Post by screamer »

Gordon wrote:for all those having problems with avast try this

click on the taskbar icon for avast on-access scanner then click on details which is left of the ok button then click internet mail then click customize then go to the NNTP tab and disable both scan inbound news and out bound news then click ok and ok again and then supersearch should with avast enabled

works for me anyway

good luck everybody
Thank you Gordon for this info.

I was having problems with Supersearch till I followed this gem of info. :D

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

I'm having a problem tonight with just the Pictures part of supersearch, I've gotten the "unable to receive reply" message for over an hour.
Music and Main are working fine, I've been downloading from searches on them.

I've had an awesomely long run of good luck with supersearch till now. I use it fairly regularly and it's been weeks and maybe months since I've gotten an "unable to receive reply message" for any more than a few minutes without seeing a reason on the home page.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

berliner: I'm getting the same problem with the images category so it isn't just you. Hopefully it will be back up soon. I have just sent an IM to Spiril asking to look into the problem.

Sorry.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

I went to bed (no reason to stay up without finding those pictures :)), and as soon as I got up jumped right onto the puter and the Picture search was working again.

Do I lead a charmed life or what?

P.S. Thanks for your quick response!

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Audio and Pictures not working :( Main appears to be OK though.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

All 3 servers working perfectly fine here
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Arsby

Pictures down?

Post by Arsby »

June 4, around 7 PM EDT in USA.
The Picture part of Supersearch has been down for nearly an hour.
Binaries and music seem to be okay.

seffix

Post by seffix »

SS is down right now.........

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

all 3 servers responding properly and quickly for me.

seffix

Post by seffix »

Smudge wrote:all 3 servers responding properly and quickly for me.
It's working fine now.. btw smudge, what do yo mean 3 servers? Can we pick a server to connect to? Didn't know about that.. :)

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

The 3 categories of SS (General, Images, Audio) are on their own servers.

sargonvi

Post by sargonvi »

Hello,

I have been unable to do a search for about 14hrs now. It worked fine and then the next search a minute later gave me that the server was down. I have done each of the items listed above as well as rebooted reinstalled and turned off every firewall i know of. What other items can i check, or is the server down for some reason?

Sar

meanguy7

Post by meanguy7 »

Picture Server is always down. I only use NL a few hours a week and the picture server never works. Whats going on? Makes me not want to pay for this anymore...