Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

same as last time then?

Zainag

Why should any payin customer not have a right to bitch?

Post by Zainag »

I'm sorry but if I'm paying for the service I'd expect it to be up! Its not like its down once a month or something ... its down almost every week at this point.

The Supersearch service is in definite need of improvement. If this is the kind of service I provided to my clients, I'd get raked over hot coals!

Lookinup

going down

Post by Lookinup »

Before it went down, it was not returning the results for several posts that I knew existed. I tried various posts from 30 to 90 days old and it would come back with the no results found bs. That was about 5 or 6 hours before it went dark. I have been wondering about how reliable the results are for a while now. I use usenetserver.com as my provider and they have a great global search tool on their site that let's you build your own nzb file and download it. You have to be a member though. I can't even remember how long I've been a paying customer but it's been almost since the begining of newsleecher. One thing I'll never understand is why after all these years I still get error messages on a daily basis even when using the final release. Oh well, enough of me crying it never does me any good.
The preceding is merely a fictitious rambling that has nothing to do with anything. I take no responsibility for the interpretation of said message, the said message, or for myself. I further deny that I even have an opinion or that I exist at all. I am simply the figment of someone's imagination, a line of code on an old basement server that has taken on a life of its own.

Captain Morgan

Post by Captain Morgan »

I have to agree...

The ONLY reason I ever paid for NewsLeecher is because of the "Super Search."

It hasn't been so "Super" lately... and if they don't get things working (or at LEAST start telling us what's going on) I won't be extending my subscription.

binsearch.info does a better job, is almost never down, and it's free!

Why the Hell would I want to pay for a "service" that isn't nearly as reliable?

Gotta LOVE the popup - "Check the Newsleecher homepage for status updates"

Nice of them to give us something to do while we wait for somebody to get off their ass and FIX the bloody thing! Too bad there aren't any status updates there!

oreyes

Super Search not so Super

Post by oreyes »

Can we at the very least get an official newsleecher reponse that it is being worked or an eta to resolution. Communication is key if you want to keep customers. GrabIt is looking really good right now.

thebunny

Post by thebunny »

Still down.... And nothing from Newsleecher I pay to use the search. I am so mad............... Why are they not helping us.

And yes I pay for this I do not have anyone helping me...

transam99

Post by transam99 »

well I for one will NOT renew my 1 year sub which comes due next week. They havent posted that its down or WHY or a ETA or even ack'd it, They also havent "Extended" anyones subscription. Its DEFINATELY NOT a SERVICE worth paying for..... I may just look for a hacked version, since thier SUPERSEARCH function is SHODDY at best.

bmuellercinci

Down...again

Post by bmuellercinci »

Man, supersearch has been up and down so much this last few weeks I've not been able to use it more than I have been able to use it. At this point I haven't been able to use it since I got home 5 hours ago!
I sure wouldn't want to be praying to the wrong piece of wood.

NoBugsOnMe

Post by NoBugsOnMe »

I completely agree with those who are demanding at least an acknoledgement that there is, in fact, a problem. No one expects 24/7 uptime and I admit - the SuperSearch service is actually quite super, when it's working! Luckily, I don't pay for this service, but if I did, I'd be quite pissed at the fact that I am being kept in the dark. This is definitely not good business...

ElNacho

Post by ElNacho »

I actually took the time to register to the forums for the sole purpose of logging a complaint. I agree with what others have said. No one expects 100% uptime, but to not even acknowledge that anything is wrong and that you're doing something to resolve the issue is unacceptable and makes us assume that nothing is being done.

I've been a loyal newsleecher customer for years and have recommended it to many of my friends. But software is easily piratable. If I'm going to be forced to use newsleecher without supersearch, you better believe I'm going to stop paying.

Get with the program guys.

eekthecat

Post by eekthecat »

ElNacho wrote:I actually took the time to register to the forums for the sole purpose of logging a complaint. I agree with what others have said. No one expects 100% uptime, but to not even acknowledge that anything is wrong and that you're doing something to resolve the issue is unacceptable and makes us assume that nothing is being done.

I've been a loyal newsleecher customer for years and have recommended it to many of my friends. But software is easily piratable. If I'm going to be forced to use newsleecher without supersearch, you better believe I'm going to stop paying.

Get with the program guys.
Agree completely. For every one of us posting here to complain, you can be sure there are a dozen who are quietly seething. An update to the status page, even visible only to paid subscribers (if you don't want to plaster downtime on the main news page) would be enough to keep most of us happy. As it is, with no communication, I won't be renewing.

pka4916

Post by pka4916 »

its up and down for the last weeks.
what's really bad it, that all the searches are incomplete!!!!
need to go to other sites, to do a search.... wtf..
that's not what i paid for.

splodge

Post by splodge »

Just have to add my voice to the list here. I am becoming increasingly frustrated and dissapointed with the frequency that super search goes down. Like some others have mentioned, the only real reason I pay for newsleecher is because of super search and this is not what I'm paying for.

Even more dissapointing is the fact that we no longer seem to be notified as to what is going on. I keep checking the homepage to find no info and have wasted a lot of time checking my local settings. Only now, that I have come to leave comment, do I see a notification in this thread that there is an actual problem.

Another great concept poorly executed. Too bad. Guess I will start researching alternatives again as well.

NotHappy

Post by NotHappy »

this sucks whats up with it

Lookinup

Post by Lookinup »

Nice, They've got a couple lines up saying they know it's down but there's nothing official in this thread to acknowledge it. Do they even read these forums? Seems like a waste if the customers have to get their info from each other. It's like we're all preaching to the choir or beating a dead horse. Why does this thread even exist? Does it make any of us feel better that we get to complain to each other. I think not. Customer service at it's finest. Here's a forum for all you suckers to post your problems in so you think we care, but we're not going to even read them or get off our asses to actually post in them. Way to go guys, are we having another nervous breakdown and taking an extended vacation so we don't have to deal with our business? Have any of you guys been around long enough to know what I am talking about? :evil: I feel like we are getting the big F you. I'm sure the yearly fee we pay is nothing to the "developer" but for all of us that struggle to keep our jobs so we can pay it's something, It's our hard earned money that we are spending. If I neglected my job duties, I would no longer have my job and these days good jobs aren't easy to find. Come on NL guys show us you can relate to the common man. Just put up a little post that says, "I hear you guys, I'm sorry, we're working on it for you" How hard is that. Everybody here is upset about the same thing, the lack of communication. The feeling that we are being left in the dark and no one even cares. Am I wrong here guys? Am I out of line for wanting an answer or two? should I just keep my shut like a good little sheep?
The preceding is merely a fictitious rambling that has nothing to do with anything. I take no responsibility for the interpretation of said message, the said message, or for myself. I further deny that I even have an opinion or that I exist at all. I am simply the figment of someone's imagination, a line of code on an old basement server that has taken on a life of its own.