Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
DarkForce

Post by DarkForce »

It isn't the first hour, day this problem happen. I have already seen about 2 or 3 messages within this year and experienced this errors some more times as well.

Even while i'm not downloading that much any more, this time it seems to be final for me and some others in the neighborhoud to renew the license.

Great this program will only be solved on normal working day's (as i have noticed) great when people are working on the normal day's. What can they do with the extra day's as compensation when they can't use them up? Let's hope newsleecher will solve everything for all other people, but i'm out of it.

tiggerlicker

Post by tiggerlicker »

Another longtime user of NL and SS and this is getting really old. Over the past 6 months using SS has been a crapshoot for me. For the past 6 hours today I've tried every 30 mins or so to try to search for a few things and every time I get the SS error dialog "unable to receive reply" when searching for anything in the General category. Searches in the Erotica category return results without any problem.

News:Log reports:
3/15/2009 4:38:46 PM * SS Connect Info : "Connection refused".

cwinla@gmail.com

supersearch appears to be down

Post by cwinla@gmail.com »

I have been unable to access supersearch for the past half hour or so...
Could not find anything posted regarding the issue on the webpage, news, or forums.

Edge

Re: supersearch appears to be down

Post by Edge »

cwinla@gmail.com wrote:I have been unable to access supersearch for the past half hour or so...
Could not find anything posted regarding the issue on the webpage, news, or forums.
As usual... no need to inform the paying users I guess.

DarkForce

Re: supersearch appears to be down

Post by DarkForce »

Edge wrote:As usual... no need to inform the paying users I guess.
No it seems more like "we are only working on weekday's thus can't help on weekends" even while most people only have time to use the program and all services in the weekends.

That's also what i've meant with my post. Again, what can i do with some extra days as compensation while i'm working on normal working day's. I don't pay for a program that can compensate me with some extra day's but i pay for it so i can use it.

If they would like to keep me as registered (non cracked) user, they sure have to fix this kind of problems (which seem to keep returning to much) or they'll need to compensate for more than just 3 day's or something like that. Even a cracked version is to good to use now!

Sorry but because of this returning fault it's really pissing me off now.

wissertje

Post by wissertje »

Looks like that the search don't give results from the last 5 hour. :twisted:

Hellster

Post by Hellster »

hasn't worked for almost 24 hours , lol , can only laugh at this really , seems to be issues with it almost every other day lately. Time to start using NZB sites i think and stop wasting money , afterall NZB sites have longer retention and probably cover more groups than SS does.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Hellster, please quit and restart NewsLeecher then try again. The SuperSearch server was unavailable for a few hours on Sunday but should be working fine now.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

yeah, mine's back up and running now

kev93_10

Post by kev93_10 »

Mine still isn't working. Been over 24 hours now.

K

wissertje

Post by wissertje »

Yes here is it working too. :wink:

kev93_10

Post by kev93_10 »

Any ideas why mine isn't?

K

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Super Search requires that Newsleecher can connect to www.newsleecher.com on ports HTTP 80, HTTPS 443 (for News page and license authentication) and NNTP 119 (for Super Search communication unless you are using the Alternate port of 23). Do you have any firewall/router/antivirus that would be blocking access? Panda, Avast antivirus, and Norton Internet Security are known to cause problems with NL.

Sometimes you have to re-authorize the newsleecher.exe application in your firewall after upgrading or else the firewall thinks it has been changed by a virus so it blocks all traffic.

If you are still having problems, please see the following web forum thread regarding common problems with Super Search not working. viewtopic.php?t=5975
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

kev93_10

Post by kev93_10 »

Been through all that. Still nothing.

K

kev93_10

Post by kev93_10 »

Mine just hangs at "awaiting respose" for about 5 minutes then comes back with "unable to receive a reply from SS service".

It was working 3 days ago.

K