Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Arsby

Post by Arsby »

Hey, Smudge,

Smithmum said he turned off Avast and tried SS, to no avail.

Is it possible to *think* you turned off Avast and didn't? Can the mere presence of Avast on one's computer affect SS?

Let's hear it for God's fan club. Yay, God!

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

depending on how it is turned off, it doesn't actually turn off. We have seen that before.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

politrix

Post by politrix »

Normally I search on "#altbin@efnet" and set the groups to audio. Strange thing is that I now get back a list which contains everything from audio to video.

I thought it was due to my experied license so I bought a new supersearch license. But the problems still occure, seems like a total waste of money, or did I do something wrong?

When I search for "#altbin@efnet" in "alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.complete-cd" the result is nothing, which is incorrect.

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

Politrix,

The reason you weren't getting any hits searching on alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.complete-cd is because you misspelled it.
The group is complete_cd, with an underscore, not a dash.
You can specify only part of a group name, so you can search on "#altbin@efnet group:complete" (without quotes). You might get some unwanted groups but it's a heck of lot easier to type.

When you said "...I set the groups to audio ...now get back a list which contains everything from audio to video", what do you mean by setting the groups "to audio"?

politrix

Post by politrix »

With groups I mean the pull-down menu on the left. Next to the one where you can pick the category (general or erotic).

Thanks for the help the search you suggested gives me the info I want to search on!

Magsel

Post by Magsel »

Can we please stay on topic folks!!!!!!!
Everytime I get an e-mail which has nothing to do with SS being down!!!!!

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

Sorry, Magsel.

Some users equate "down" with not working properly, I think that's why you're seeing posts that seem to you as if they're off topic.

Where do you think Politrix should have posted his/her concern?

Magsel

Post by Magsel »

What about NewsLeecher Forum Index -> SuperSearch Service instead of NewsLeecher Forum Index -> SuperSearch Service -> Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...
Try this link: viewforum.php?f=10

That's where the stuff for SS is supposed to go, NOT in Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...., unless SS is down and you have question regarding that.

C'mon mods do your work and move the stuff that doesn't belong here.

Respect guys :D

Magsel

Post by Magsel »

is it down? again?

LOL. Now it's down for maintenance?

And back already :)

y0himba

Supersearch Down May 14 2009 8:43-9:15am(EST)

Post by y0himba »

I have tried everything located here:
viewtopic.php?t=5975

I am able to load the pages mentioned there in IE. I have Newsleecher's web sites in my trusted zone, and security is at medium.

I have disabled my firewall, connected the computer directly to the cable modem.

I am using OpenDNS.

Using Newsleecher v3.95 beta 3

I have been unable to connect for over 30 minutes.

Anyone else?
-Insert cool signature here.

shellimark

Post by shellimark »

I've been trying SuperSearch for over 30 minutes, so I'll have to assume there's a problem.

My 2 Cents!

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

I just tried it, there's definitely a problem on the Supersearch end.

y0himba, if Supersearch used to work for you and it's not working now, it usually means Supersearch is down, you should come to this forum and report it -- no need to check your firewall each time.

Supersearch is up about 95% of the time, which means it is down around 5% of the time. According to Murphy's Law, that 5% includes whenever you or I want to use it. :wink:

TifKag

Post by TifKag »

tried it to, and guess what...........it's down :x

cupper

supersearch down

Post by cupper »

it was working fine the other day, jumped on this morning to see if I could find a few things and supersearch immediately comes back no response.... :roll:

ray79x

Super search down

Post by ray79x »

It seems to be down