Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
cupper

Maintenance down

Post by cupper »

now it switched from saying it was down to it is down for maintenance.... :x

y0himba

Post by y0himba »

Why would that make you angry? That means it is being worked on. Oh look, its UP. :) Thanks guys. (Spiril?)
-Insert cool signature here.

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

Credit where credit is due. It's back up again.

Also, the erotica groups were up and satisfying all my needs (ha ha) all morning. You can't imagine what I found there! :drooling-pervert-smiley:

Magsel

Post by Magsel »

y0himba wrote:Why would that make you angry? That means it is being worked on. Oh look, its UP. :) Thanks guys. (Spiril?)
The guy is :x because the guy we pay a lot of money for something that's down a lot doesn't mention anything anywhere.

y0himba

Post by y0himba »

How many times has it been down in the past year? Not a lot at all, and mostly for maintenance and upgrades. That argument is unfounded, if anything else, for the fact that you and I only pay $25 US a year for a subscription.

Magsel

Post by Magsel »

not a lot? start reading back this thread. 2 many times I tell u.
unless u are Spiril's family or a very good friend. must be, because why do u only have to pay 25 and the rest of us 29,99?

y0himba

Post by y0himba »

Oops, sorry $4 mistake. I sure hope that doesn't break anyone's bank.

Considering that this thread dates back to 2005, and Supersearch was going even before that, it has not been down a lot at all. well over 4 years and this is all we have? Supersearch has a better uptime than my previous Usenet provider.

I have also noticed that when it is down, for the most part, it has returned quickly, no matter the hour of the day.

Sorry, but if you are so dissatisfied that you must prove that Supersearch is horrible and you are getting ripped off of a whole $29.99 a year, why not go elsewhere?

I have been satisfied with Newsleecher and Supersearch for a long time. Even the current buggy beta runs better than it's predecessor, and is arguably the best binary newsreader there is.

Trust me, look up some of my past posts here and you will see I am not a friend or family, I am a converted fanboy LOL.

Arsby

Post by Arsby »

I think it says a lot about how much people rely on this that whenever it's down, people pounce on it!

I think it's a very good service, on balance.

I just wish that whenever it is down that the moderators/administrators would communicate more to us grunts that they're aware of the problem and maybe give a timeline on when it'll be fixed.

I'll bet a lot of the haters would be a lot happier if they just gave us that acknowledgment when it's down.

y0himba

Post by y0himba »

I agree. I think the issue is that they rely on reports that it is down, or they are remote from the server and need to get to a place to access it. Still, they are still much faster about getting it back up and running than most ISPs or Usenet providers. I am quite sure they are not on site 24/7. Unlike us Usenet addicted geeks, they have lives.

I wonder what newsgroup they got a life from? I would like one of those.

:lol:

pven

Post by pven »

Is it currently down? Earlier this day I got replies from the supersearch-engine, but currently it only returns errors.
Last edited by pven on Sat May 16, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edge

Post by Edge »

down, no reply ....
16-5-2009 19:37:01 * SS Connect Info : "Connection refused".
oh, of course, it's weekend :twisted:

Magsel

Post by Magsel »

I rest my case :wink:

Scyphe

Post by Scyphe »

7:44:00 PM * SS Connect Info : "Connection refused".

I rest my case as well!

hipBob

Post by hipBob »

annoyed
:evil:

quarius

Post by quarius »

yeah not working on my end. unable to receive a reply from the SS service