Help! SuperSearch seems to be down ...

Forum to discuss the NewsLeecher SuperSearch Service.
• Before posting SuperSearch questions, please read the SuperSearch Usage Guide.
• The current SuperSearch status is listed on the Services Status Page.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
kweto

Post by kweto »

berliner6 wrote: I'd strongly recommend that the admin here give us updates at least once every two hours to let us know that they're on top of it. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect communications. THAT's customer service!
SS down now here for 4+ hours. But Newsleecher itself works -- used binsearch.info to create nzb files.

Plus, I too understand that repairs can take time, but I agree with berliner6 about the need for regular news updates from the admin.

nick2007

Post by nick2007 »

Waiting for some days now for SS to return to normal...

SO FAR doesn't seem the case ..... :? :? :? :?

Any provision to be taken for our LOST money ??? :roll: :roll:

THANK YOU

pd_support

SuperSearch still NOT working ... what is happening?

Post by pd_support »

Last Sunday, October 14th: SuperSearch was sending a request, but was not receiving an answer. Suddenly SuperSearch was NOT working anymore (I did not make any changes on my MS Windows 2000 system)!

For my own profit I recently installed NewsLeecher with SuperSearch on the system of my girlfriend (MS Windows XP with another provider and another IP). So I checked if SuperSearch was working on that system ... and yes it was.

October 15th: Uninstalled NewsLeecher, downloaded the 3.8 Final again, requested a new key, reinstalled everything again ... and now SuperSearch is permanently on [initializing] (and the News stand stays blank).

I have imported a SSL Certificate for NewsLeecher (Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority).
I have added https://www.newsleecher.com to trusted websites in IE.
I even switched the firewall to OFF in the modem/router ...
... and YES! SuperSearch is still NOT working!

What happend to SuperSearch last Sunday? What to do to get it working again?

bophil

Post by bophil »

same for me here. SS does not work anymore since sunday :evil:

kokoun

Post by kokoun »

It works for me.

I've you tried to disable your antivirus ?

May be the scann of NNTP is enable on your antivirus software options.

tva

Post by tva »

It doesn't work here either since sunday.
What is going on??

And I thought it was because my license had expired, so I just bought another year. Stupid ?! :evil:

PatrickO

Post by PatrickO »

Same problem here...
Sollution for me: Just updated my license key and now it works like a charm again... :)

bramvd

No SS since Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by bramvd »

No SS since Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel

Post by Steel »

I have 1 PC that works and another that doesn't. They are almost identical. Both XP, both have the same anti-everything. I even ran ipconfig /flushdns. I can's see why one works and the other doesn't. The one that doesn't is able to see the links on the newsleecher site. Normall y I am pretty good at troubleshooting but this one has me stumped. Since the support people here at newsleecher refuse to believe there is a problem I will keep digging until I resolve it.

I know when I make a major change to one of our systems at work I listen to all feedback and promptly post notices. Either the admin here doesn't believe there is a problem or went on vacation. :(

cokecane

NO Super Search, day 4, Chapter 1

Post by cokecane »

i know of 8 people who use Newsleecher with super search. 3 out of the 8 can search. The 3 also share a common fact. They have a floating IP. The other 5 all have a fixed IP but cannot search. When the 3 get a problem with the search they reboot their router or re connect there modem. WALLA! away they go again. A new IP and searching again. How do we get round this?

Is this a point we all share or just a coincidence?

merton

Re: NO Super Search, day 4, Chapter 1

Post by merton »

cokecane wrote:i know of 8 people who use Newsleecher with super search. 3 out of the 8 can search. The 3 also share a common fact. They have a floating IP. The other 5 all have a fixed IP but cannot search. When the 3 get a problem with the search they reboot their router or re connect there modem. WALLA! away they go again. A new IP and searching again. How do we get round this?

Is this a point we all share or just a coincidence?
My ip is static and cannot search. hope it's not a coincidence :)

kokoun

Post by kokoun »

My ip is static and I can search ...

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Steel wrote:Since the support people here at newsleecher refuse to believe there is a problem I will keep digging until I resolve it.
It isn't that we don't belive the problem, obviously there are issues or else people wouldn't be posting here, but we can't reproduce the problem on our systems so it is difficult to give you an answer.

Personally, i've tried over 8 systems (win2k, xp, vista) on different networks (home, work, friends cable, etc) and they are all able to search. If any of my systems were to have these problems, I could probably figure out what is blocking the connection and have an answer for you. Unfortunately that isn't the case so all I can do is post what we do know that causes connection issues and steps to resolve them (see the Getting Super Search to Work thread).
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

cokecane

day 5, chapter 1

Post by cokecane »

good news for the guy's @ Newsleecher. I am prepared to let them have a remote login to my PC so they are able to use a PC with this ongoing issue. Let's hope they take advantage of this to help rectify this situation for the whole community.

pd_support

Re: SuperSearch still NOT working ... what is happening?

Post by pd_support »

pd_support wrote:Last Sunday, October 14th: SuperSearch was sending a request, but was not receiving an answer. Suddenly SuperSearch was NOT working anymore (I did not make any changes on my MS Windows 2000 system)!

For my own profit I recently installed NewsLeecher with SuperSearch on the system of my girlfriend (MS Windows XP with another provider and another IP). So I checked if SuperSearch was working on that system ... and yes it was.

October 15th: Uninstalled NewsLeecher, downloaded the 3.8 Final again, requested a new key, reinstalled everything again ... and now SuperSearch is permanently on [initializing] (and the News stand stays blank).

I have imported a SSL Certificate for NewsLeecher (Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority).
I have added https://www.newsleecher.com to trusted websites in IE.
I even switched the firewall to OFF in the modem/router ...
... and YES! SuperSearch is still NOT working!

What happend to SuperSearch last Sunday? What to do to get it working again?
Just to confirm: my IP is static. The IP on the system of my girlfriend (working SS!) is non-static ...

But is it so difficult to remember what have been changed on Sunday at the SS-servers?