Hanging downloads at 98% STILL NO HELP

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
BALTHAZOR

Hanging downloads at 98% STILL NO HELP

Post by BALTHAZOR »

I haven't had a complete download now for 3 weeks as all the D/L's have two or three files that hang at 98% and never download.

I have already asked this in the sticky at the top of the bugs forum but no one has come forward with any constructive comments or even to say if it is being looked into.

Where are you upto regarding this problem, I am obviously not the only one with this problem but we get no answers although we are still paying for the privilage of no D/L's.

I must apologise for starting another thread but I have looked in on the sticky every day and wonder if it is even looked at anymore.

Can we please be updated on the situation,please please please :?: :D
Have some consideration for guys that watch pirate DVD's.........go for a pi*s before the movie starts :)

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

Personally, I can't offer any more suggestions than those offered in the sticky. Which, for me, is the reason not to react to your question. It is difficult to fix this if you don't experience this bug yourself (I'm talking about Spiril here) Furthermore a lot of people seem to be helped by the suggestions in the sticky, because I don't see lots of new messages anymore about this problem. (Compared to the past.)
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

BALTHAZOR

Post by BALTHAZOR »

Red that was my point, If it has helped a lot of other users why have they not come back to the forum and told us exactly what they have done to rectify the problem on there computers, I really have run out of possible solutions here now and am completely frustrated, I am sure you understand.
Kenny :(
Have some consideration for guys that watch pirate DVD's.........go for a pi*s before the movie starts :)

elite

Post by elite »

I too am having the same problem - it was there until beta 10 and now on this final version.
I have upgraded my Asus 3Com drive to the latest one I could find.

What else can I do?

elite

Post by elite »

found a tempory solution - to close the program, open it up again, turn of error checking, and then connect and it downloads all the 98% files. But if you leave the error checking off, it will still queue the files.
But at least i got some method working....