Debugger b19

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
Grantcr

Debugger b19

Post by Grantcr »

b19 still tell me that I have a debugger running when I right click for the context menu....

elite

Post by elite »

i was hoping Spiral would fix that!!!! :( :(

ohh well I might as well try out B19 and see how it goes

daphatty
Forum Moderator

Post by daphatty »

I thought Spiril posted a fix on that. Do a search for debugger or VS.NET. I could swear he made a recommendation on how to fix that...

andulvar

Post by andulvar »

Spiril made a suggestion, but it was irrelevant. In one particular case people were getting an error on a certain DLL, and he suggested registering that DLL with Windows. It should already have been registered, and even if the suggestion worked for that person, it is not relevant to most people having debugger errors.

So, no, Spiril has yet to comment meaningfully on this problem. Let's hope that he's coming up with a reasonable response.

Grantcr

Post by Grantcr »

Dammit I have just found another error, if you press shift and delete it says it is using a debugger, the file explorer is useless until this gets fixed, it is so irritating having it quit if I goto do something in there..

Grant

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

This message comes from a 3rd party component I use in NL, so I'm unable to fix it myself.

What is the exact debugger message you get when rightclicking a file in the Explorer?

Grantcr

Post by Grantcr »

Hi Spiril thank you for some assistance.

Here is the picture of the error message:

I had a look through my registry for softice and found a couple of entries even though it has been uninstalled a long time ago, I deleted those but still no change. The error message claims I either have softice installed and or running, which is false. Any other ideas as to what cuases this? Like I said before only since b16 has this been a problem if that helps.

If you would like further information / testing let me know.

Thanks
Grant

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Thanks Grantcr

I'll pass-on the info to the author...

Grantcr

Post by Grantcr »

Thanks for looking into it Spiril, I am sure you will keep us posted once you find out what causes this.

elite

Post by elite »

yeah I get the same error message - and I never installed this softice program - I don't know what it does....

I did however find a key in my registry for softice which I deleted - but did not help.

elite

Post by elite »

Looks like this bug is still in BETA 22 -

Spiral - any further word on this issue!!!

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

elite wrote:Looks like this bug is still in BETA 22 -

Spiral - any further word on this issue!!!

Still looking into it... It will hopefully be fixed in one of the next few releases (probably not b23 though).

kingchappy

Post by kingchappy »

I'm having the same problem with b23.

Weird thing is that b22 ran safe and sound on my machine, didn't have any debugger errors whatsoever.

Someone have a clue on this matter??

Thanks

Seems to me though that people are having this problem with a clean OS install and a fresh install of NL, as I did. Maybe it's a wild guess, but many friends that use NL got this problem after they installed a clean OS

elite

Post by elite »

kingchappy wrote:I'm having the same problem with b23.

Seems to me though that people are having this problem with a clean OS install and a fresh install of NL, as I did. Maybe it's a wild guess, but many friends that use NL got this problem after they installed a clean OS
Not for me - mine is just upgrading.... form beta 9 to beta 15 to 19-23..
but I must say I am dual running it currently with Beta 9 and beta 23. Coz some posts do not download with beta 23 but download perfectly with beta 9 (so i guess it is to do with the message id)

Grantcr

Post by Grantcr »

Hmm same problem with b24 :(