RnE ignoring PARs with names like volXX+YY.par2 and volXX+Y.par2

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
CPUKiller

RnE ignoring PARs with names like volXX+YY.par2 and volXX+Y.par2

Post by CPUKiller » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:33 pm

With the latest beta 5 (and maybe 4 as well), my RnE does not auto-unpause pars with names like volXX+YY.par2 and volXX+Y.par2 automatically like it should.

If I unpause them manually, it will repair/extract/remove the extra pars from the DL queue just fine though.

It seems to be working fine with volXXX+YY.par2 files, I haven't seen any volXXX+Y.par2 files to test so I don't know about those.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:38 am

Can you give an example search query that would trigger this? It could be that it's fixed in the alpha version, and it will be fixed in the beta aswell then. If not, then it will be added to the known bug list and Spiril will look into it and fix it asap, after all the other bugs are done :P.
Fill in your bugs so NL will get better.

CPUKiller

Post by CPUKiller » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:35 am

It does it with the files from this NZB: http://www.viralsound.com/test.nzb.zip

On my server that episode of House was missing 4 blocks. NL didn't auto-unpause the pars to repair it, but when I manually unpaused the +04 par it did the repair/extract/remove extra pars just fine.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:44 pm

I didn't have any problems with the set. I removed one of the rar files from queue so RnE had to unpause par2 files and it did. I use an alpha version, so it could be beta5 specific, but it will be fixed in the next release. Spiril is working on RnE to get some features done and bugs solved.
Fill in your bugs so NL will get better.

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:38 pm

I also did that test, in the test version (T3), and R'nE did not unpause the required .par2 files.

Edit: In T4 it did unpause correctly.
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

Sabrina

Post by Sabrina » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:16 pm

I am having this non-unpausing par2 files even still in Beta 5. I really don't know know what is going on. It used to work in beta 2 or 3 but then for the last couple hasn't worked at all. I have tried turning it off and on but with no luck. The par files just sit there and do nothing. :cry:

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.

CPUKiller

Post by CPUKiller » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:53 pm

Yeah, I don't know exactly what sets it off, for me it just sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. That is just with the app running, I'm not closing it/reopening it or anything.

Sabrina

Post by Sabrina » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:32 pm

Perhaps it has something to do with the file name length or the subject name length cause for some reason the nzb from the following post worked:

http://v3.newzbin.com/browse/post/2555277/

And this one doesnt:
http://v3.newzbin.com/browse/post/2534228/

This is one of the best features ever. I hope we can get it working 100% again :)