RnE: Hangs on failed extract and cannot delete the entry

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
daphatty
Forum Moderator

RnE: Hangs on failed extract and cannot delete the entry

Post by daphatty »

It's been a loooooong time since I've had to report one of these. :)

Version: NL v3.95 Beta 1 (since upgraded to Beta 2 and problem still exists.)
Windows XP SP2
Installation Method: Upgrade
Type of Installation: Beta or Registered
Number of Servers: 2 Entries, both Easynews
List your provider(s)?
List of antivirus/firewall software installed: Symantec AV Corp Edition V.9
Connections per server: 5 Connection per server
Server priority: Priority 1

I am currently experiencing a problem with RnE where I am unable to remove an RnE entry. This specific entry was a failed download that RnE is endlessly attempting to repair. This also prevents me from closing newsleecher normally. I can only shut down NL via End Task.

The download in question was a multipart rar download which contained an ISO. NL is configured to download rars and pars to the local system drive and then RnE is configured to extract the contents to an external USB drive. This is where things went horribly wrong. In my haste to get the download started (I was on my way to work) I forgot to connect the USB drive for the extraction. When the download completed, RnE attempted to extract the contents, had nowhere to put the ISO, and then proceeded to delete both the ISO and the downloaded rars. (I have RnE configured to delete compressed files after a successful extract.)

I've since reconnected the USB drive but NL/RnE simply can't move forward with the extraction nor will it allow me to delete the task. Subsequent RnE tasks cannot proceed because NL is stuck. I believe this to be an issue with RnE's ability to detect whether an extraction drive is actually available.

Is there another way to clear the RnE list so I can move past this issue?

HoverDonkey

Post by HoverDonkey »

I am also stuck in a similar situation, where R'n'E is stuck at 'Verifying 0%'.

This is preventing me deleting the entry in R'n'E but is also preventing any other R'n'E operations proceeding.

Any help would be appreciated.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

I had this once and was able to fix it by stopping RnE then disable all the checkboxes. When I quit NewsLeecher and started it again, I was able to remove the troublesome entry.

If that doesn't work for you, you will need to remove the RnE configuration file.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

HoverDonkey

Post by HoverDonkey »

Thanks - couldn't quit R'n'E, as it was waiting to verify a file.

But deleting the config file worked a treat - many thanks!

Fluclo

Re: RnE: Hangs on failed extract and cannot delete the entry

Post by Fluclo »

How do you get the RnE configuration file, when I click that link (viewtopic.php?t=6766) I get You are not authorised to read this forum.