4.01 - Can't pause in queue, Article Subject Filter

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
Lebowski

4.01 - Can't pause in queue, Article Subject Filter

Post by Lebowski »

A couple things about the new version.

1. You can't pause files while downloading.
The autopause par2 files setting doesn't work either, but I suspect it's because of the first issue.

2. I like to browse headers, especially a.b.mm. With 3.9 and before, I would just use the Subject Filter with the words "# xvid .nzb" to view all nzbs posted by the irc channel (or 720p). With 4.01 there is stuff missing using the same entry, because of this new grouping feature. I think it's nice, but not when I try to filter the headers.

Also, is there some way to disable checking rars before simply extracting them? I have giganews, and all I want to do is extract the downloaded files, not spend 5 minutes verifying them to be able to be extracted. This feature is useless when you know the files are good and just want to extract them.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

First, please do not use swear words in your post.

The 2 problems you mentioned are known issues and posted in the 4.01 beta issues thread. They will be addressed in a later release.

For your question about RnE, sorry but that currently isn't possible. Sure you may know the files are good but NewsLeecher doesn't until it verifies them. There was a wishlist request asking to attempt to extract the files first and if that fails, verify/repair them then extract again. Not sure if/when this will be added to NewsLeecher but it might work for you.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Lebowski

Post by Lebowski »

Ah, sorry, pardon my french.

I didn't see the other thread as it's not in the Bug forum. I didn't think to check another forum and read this one for any 4.0 issues before making this thread. Maybe you should make a note of it in this forum too.