Bug message whilst downloading headers

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
johnnyboyc_uk

Bug message whilst downloading headers

Post by johnnyboyc_uk »

Saw this message box pop up whilst downloading headers for a not-so-large newsgroup:

BugBug-123:
* "j933d(2)".
*"Out of memory".

This also mentioned that I should report this to the author, which I have duly done.

I did notice that some of the articles were inordinately large in their reported size, i.e. hundreds of gigs, and the timestamps were totally corrupt in that they didn't report the age of the article, rather some gobbledegook.

davidf

Post by davidf »

Same problem here - always with the same newsgroups, which are not particularly large. I can avoid it only by downloading headers a few hundred at a time, then closing and restarting Newsleecher - which is tedious!

I don't wish to trash the setup folder, as I have several other group caches which are fine, and which have taken many hours to download at 1Mbps.

capntripz

Post by capntripz »

Same thing here only I load a lot of virtual groups at once so I can search them all at once. There is no way to enable more memory in a Vista 32 machine and that includes virutal memory. I cannot see how you can run out of memory. Happens all the time and I just ignore it. I could send the notice 5 a day. NL just finally crashes and you start again.