New Headers don't download all the time

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
elite

New Headers don't download all the time

Post by elite »

95% the update new headers works perfectly but then after say about a 1 day of donwloading it just stops updating the headers - as in I go a new group, it shows that there are new headers but when I click on update it just continues downloading a binary file and NOT grab the list of headers. Once it does that for one group, it will do that for all groups - however it downloads files properly in the meantime - the only way to fix it is to close the program down and open again - however it can be a pain - coz you lose all the partially downloaded files - that is my second request/bug

b) Save partially downloaded files in the cache so that when you restart the program it cna continue downloading that file and not start from the beginning. Waste of time and bandwith.....

I am not sure how to replicate this bug though - it just happens (mostly after having the program open for a while)

dutchguy

Post by dutchguy »

I noticed this kind of behaviour too, but when I removed the text filter the headers update started. So this seems to be a bug.

Beezer

Post by Beezer »

Yeh this one is really irritating. I've gotten into the habit of always disconnecting and reconnecting before I update headers, or it won't work properly. I never got around to reporting it as a bug though.

elite

Post by elite »

well i hope it gets fixed up in version 10 beta

tully

Post by tully »

well I 'll be, this has been plaguing me all day, and its all because of a text filter, thanks alot :) I'll quit kicking myself in the butt now.