items paused in queue will resume if not in numeric order

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
Rashomon

items paused in queue will resume if not in numeric order

Post by Rashomon »

Due to satellite download restrictions at home I will sometimes pause larger rar's and move smaller (typically the last) to the front of the queue. It's happened a couple times that when I returned the items that were paused resumed by themselves. attached you will see where I moved item 18 before paused items 16 and 17 and they downloaded any way.
USING VER 5 B 15
WIN 7

There is always more than one viewpoint in a multidimensional world

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

The log should show the reason for this issue.

By chance did you move up the small par2 files? If any of the par2 files are downloaded and added to the Repair and Extract queue, RnE will automatically unpause the files so that it can complete the archive. If you don't want this to happen, uncheck the Repair box at the top of the RnE window.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Rashomon

Post by Rashomon »

I did not move any of the par files but I did notice this in the log:
"4:09:23 PM Repair & Extract :: Auto Unpause Set File :: [113213]...."
Which may be why the RAR's continue even after setting them to pause.
It is easy enough to delete the RnE and compile after the fact. I'll try that when I am on this stupid satellite and subject to their "fair access policy".
I guess I am spoiled after using RnE successfully for a couple years.
THX :D
There is always more than one viewpoint in a multidimensional world