After upgrading to V5 Beta 16, it doesn't recognize my license key?

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
HTC

After upgrading to V5 Beta 16, it doesn't recognize my license key?

Post by HTC »

Hi there!

I had V5 Beta 15 and was having no problems, to my knowledge.

Upgraded to the new beta and i get this:

How can i fix this?[/img]

HTC

Post by HTC »

I think i know what's wrong.

The original license has expired but it was renewed. The problem is that Newsleecher "doesn't know" it's been renewed.

How do i make it "aware"?

godpasi

Post by godpasi »

HTC,

I was having the same problem - uninstalled 16 and re-installed 15 - worked fine.

I just logged in into the members area and I updated my payment info as it was outdated.

Downloaded and installed 16 again - worked this time.

Maybe check your payment info on your members area, it could be the same for you.

@Newsleecher Team: it is a shame that paying customers do not even get an answer from you - what is wrong, you do not depend on these payments anymore?

Regards,
GP

HTC

Post by HTC »

godpasi wrote:HTC,

I was having the same problem - uninstalled 16 and re-installed 15 - worked fine.

I just logged in into the members area and I updated my payment info as it was outdated.

Downloaded and installed 16 again - worked this time.

Maybe check your payment info on your members area, it could be the same for you.

@Newsleecher Team: it is a shame that paying customers do not even get an answer from you - what is wrong, you do not depend on these payments anymore?

Regards,
GP
Installed beta 15 on top of it: it's working so far.

Will do what you suggest.

EDIT

It turns out my account wasn't updated: i thought i had payed and, because the program didn't stop functioning nor did i receive any mail warning of the impending end of the license, i thought i had.

Tried to put credit card information to proceed to payment but, after trying to save information, i get this:

"Payment declined Refused by acquirer.
Try again or choose another payment type."

I only have this payment type :(

I want to make this right and pay for the months i've been using improperly + remaining months of a 1 year license but it doesn't allow me to do so: how do i proceed?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

That error message is saying that it was refused by your bank. You will need to contact them to ask why it was declined.

Be aware that the charge will be coming from Denmark. Many banks will refuse international charges unless you call them and authorize it.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

HTC

Post by HTC »

Smudge wrote:That error message is saying that it was refused by your bank. You will need to contact them to ask why it was declined.

Be aware that the charge will be coming from Denmark. Many banks will refuse international charges unless you call them and authorize it.
I thought the problem was in your page because all it was doing was not allowing the information to be saved: it was giving checks and the end of each field, signaling the information being entered was indeed correct, but it refused to update my payment info.

Tried again in the members area but got the same error: guess i'll need to visit my bank.

What should i tell the bank in order for this transaction to be allowed? Simply stating the charge will be coming from Denmark is enough?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Usually. They just need to set it in the system to allow those charges. Tell them this will be a monthly reoccurring charge so to set it for future charge attempts as well.
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

HTC

Post by HTC »

Smudge wrote:Usually. They just need to set it in the system to allow those charges. Tell them this will be a monthly reoccurring charge so to set it for future charge attempts as well.
Monthly? Wasn't this supposed to be a yearly thing?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

We have recently changed our packages. You can see the new offerings on the Signup page.

HTC

Post by HTC »

Smudge wrote:We have recently changed our packages. You can see the new offerings on the Signup page.
Personally, i would prefer yearly, or even bi-yearly.

In any case, how do i correct the problem of the months not payed, since this is now monthly?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Did you renew using a different email address? The account under your gmail.com address expired last July. Last purchase was in June 2011.

You will need to use the same email address when registering the application that you used when purchasing the license.

If it was under the same address but wasn't applied, please send a copy of the purchase receipt to support@newsleecher.com.

HTC

Post by HTC »

Smudge wrote:Did you renew using a different email address? The account under your gmail.com address expired last July. Last purchase was in June 2011.

You will need to use the same email address when registering the application that you used when purchasing the license.

If it was under the same address but wasn't applied, please send a copy of the purchase receipt to support@newsleecher.com.
I've only used the gmail mail. Funny thing is it doesn't recognize my forum name: have to use the mail to be able to get in to the members area. Why is that?

As i said in a previous post, i was convinced i had renewed since neither the program "complain" nor did i receive a mail from newsleecher stating something like "warning: you're subscription is in need of renewal".

Due to certain circumstances, i've been unable to go to the bank: i'll try and do it tomorrow without fail. I want this matter resolved.

HTC

Post by HTC »

OK: tried to update my payment info again and, this time, it gave no errors but it also didn't show if it's approved or not.

I do not wish to upgrade / downgrade what i had: how do i proceed?

HTC

Post by HTC »

Finally managed to go to the bank. They say the problem is with the SIBS: Sociedade Inter-Bancária de Serviços. There's a communication failure between SIBS and the bank and that's the cause of the problem.

Apparently, i'm not the only one with this problem. Whether or not it is just with this banking institution or not, i don't know.

They said i should keep trying and i already have. It didn't give an error nor said anything about it being successful (read my previous reply).

What now: any ideas?

scuba
Site Admin

Post by scuba »

HTC, yes your payment details are successfully updated in our system the other day- Pls. contact our support team using the form on the link below and we will open a support ticket to help you back on track!.

http://www.newsleecher.com/support/