Almost daily crashes / freezes

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
DJPLEASURE

Almost daily crashes / freezes

Post by DJPLEASURE »

not sure whats occurring, daily newsleecher becomes unrespnsive and i have to shut it down manually via task manager. I have tried going from last final to latest beta, still issues, various errors are thrown, latest one is:

Exception EAaccessViolation in module newsleecher.exe at 0005dcfd, access violation at address 0045DCFD in module newsleecher read of address 00000000

No issues with my pc or any other software.

Windows 7 x64
Intel Core i7-3770k cpu
16gb ram

currently running NL 6.5 Beta 3, issues were occurring on previous final release too.

DJPLEASURE

Post by DJPLEASURE »

seriously considering ditching Newsleecher, support sucks, 10 days, no response to this. quick to take money, but slow to address or even respond to issues

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Usually the bug reports section is for posting info about the bug to the developer but not necessarily for a support response.
If it was only happening in the beta version but not the last final then it should be posted in the New Beta Releases section.

Since this is a problem that is happening across all versions, it should be discussed in the Tech Support section. Issues like this are often due to one of your configuration files being corrupted. You will need to do some troubleshooting by clearing out some configurations. Try launching the application while holding down the F12 key and it will ask if you wish to load your configuration files. Start with not loading the General Settings File by answering No and it will launch NewsLeecher with the default settings. Immediately quit NewsLeecher to save the default settings to disk. Then launch NewsLeecher again and it should start up with default settings and hopefully no error messages. If you get more errors, try the same procedure for the other setting files.

If the F12 feature doesn't help, you will need to manually remove other files. You can find the location and explanation of each configuration file at viewtopic.php?t=6766

If that doesn't resolve the problem, try moving all of the .dat files out of the configuration data directory and run NewsLeecher again. If there error goes away then it was one of those files. You could move a few of the files back in until you find the corrupt file.

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not remove the configuration files.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.