how to stop NL auto connecting?

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
tommo123

how to stop NL auto connecting?

Post by tommo123 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:33 pm

i open the program and it auto connects even though this is not checked in the connection settings. i disconnect and within 20 seconds it connects again.

i have to pause the thing to get it to stop downloading while i'm doing something else.

this is really annoying at times

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:56 am

Are you importing NZB files? There is a setting in the NZB section to connect to the server upon importing a NZB.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

tommo123

Post by tommo123 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:31 am

No. That's what's weird. All I'm doing is starting the program and within a few seconds it auto connects and starts downloading headers. The leech function is there too actually now that I think of it

Wonder if that's it?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:19 pm

Oh, it is downloading headers? That is the Auto Update feature. In the Manager tab, in the top right corner above the group list is the Auto Update menu. Click it and set it to never auto update.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.