Systematic crash of repair & extract when joining anime files with latest 7.0 beta 9 release

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
JimKi

Systematic crash of repair & extract when joining anime files with latest 7.0 beta 9 release

Post by JimKi » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:17 pm

Try to download any release in 1080p from horriblesubs (i didn't test other resolutions) from ishouni in a.b.m.a.highspeed

It's stuck at combining and when you kill relaunch NL, you get instantly the error :

Bug ID:
14c10x07y

Bug Data #2:
Access violation at address 00A196D4 in module 'NewsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Combining multiple files with all the recent releases of newsleecher has been a pain and random bugging... sometimes it even mixes parts from other episodes when combining....

It happens when the download speed is way faster than the repair/extract speed.
My PC is quite slow (AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.2 GHz) and my connection is quite high (250 Mbits/s)

Edit : it happens even after downloading the files, simply by starting repair, attached is a nbz file that crashes

[ MODERATED - NZB FILE REMOVED - COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL? ]

Toneriko

Re: Systematic crash of repair & extract when joining anime files with latest 7.0 beta 9 release

Post by Toneriko » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:31 am

Same problem here with the 720p versions!

Group is alt.binaries.multimedia.anime.highspeed and it's any posting from Ishouni (HorribleSubs or otherwise).

NewsLeecher will carry on and download the rest of the queue even after the error dialog but is stuck trying to repair the first posting for ever.

If you close NewsLeecher once the queue is finished you can at least use MultiPar to re-assemble the files

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: Systematic crash of repair & extract when joining anime files with latest 7.0 beta 9 release

Post by Spiril » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 am

Have you tried with the latest beta ( beta 10 ) release of NewsLeecher V7 ? That should fix the bug related to par split sets like the ones posted in anime groups.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Toneriko

Post by Toneriko » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:22 am

Nice one Spiril!

I can confirm beta 10 (I was on beta 9) downloads and re-assembles Ishouni posts without problem (tried quite a few).

Many thanks!