Cross posted to wishlist and bugs forums.

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
jfranc72

Cross posted to wishlist and bugs forums.

Post by jfranc72 »

NewsLeecher Author(s):

I'm a registered user. Keep up the great work. Curently using b8;

11-13-03 b8 works super for me. Only problem is when using two servers - the second for fills is a slower server. The primary server rapidly collects available parts and stores them in the install directory - sometimes overfilling it before the second server supplies the necessary parts to complete the file and remove it from cache. I now make sure the install directory is plenty large to accomodate. Not a Newsleecher bug but an observation.

10-25-03

1. Tools/Highlights of Top Line Menu appears to do nothing ??

Tools/QuickNotes also appears to do nothing ??

You can type items in these but seems no way to activate except to miniaturize to bottom, but if you do that the rest of the program selections freeze although Downloading articles continues. ????

10-24-03

1. Request option to auto sort by subject each time new window appears.

2. Request that upon loading an active group that the first item be highlighted ie, cursor moved to top of page. That way one can peruse the headers and mark the end of the group to be acted upon; or start the action group elsewhere.

3. Request capability to peruse active group other than those being headers updated. This is instead of having to wait for all selected groups to update prior to perusing the updated groups.

4. Mouse ability using wheel to move up / down page at a time. Now wheel click is line up /down only.
The current mouse press wheel to scrool sometimes gets dizzying.

5. I got an error message - I emailed it to you (don't have now) but it was my fault in that the desired download disk was full. Should NewsLeecher check for disk space availability and notify user if not enough space ???

6. Following Items do not fit into popup window:
Small Errors: Options Dialog/Advanced: Item 5 truncated to (minimally faste..........................
Item 6 (requires more system resource.........

Options Dialog/Download: Bottom Option: (Will be deleted otherwis......................

No real complaints - the program is super. Keep up the great work.

jfranc

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: Cross posted to wishlist and bugs forums.

Post by Spiril »

jfranc72 wrote:NewsLeecher Author(s):
Tools/Highlights of Top Line Menu appears to do nothing ??
Tools/QuickNotes also appears to do nothing ??
You can type items in these but seems no way to activate except to miniaturize to bottom, but if you do that the rest of the program selections freeze although Downloading articles continues. ????
Not sure I understand what you mean by 'activate'? ... When you select the QuickNotes menu item, a new window pops up right? You should be able to write your notes into that window and close the window again by clicking the 'ok' button.
jfranc72 wrote:
Request option to auto sort by subject each time new window appears.
Auto sorting is on the todo list ...
jfranc72 wrote:
Request capability to peruse active group other than those being headers updated. This is instead of having to wait for all selected groups to update prior to perusing the updated groups.
Also in the todo list. When virtual groups are implemented it will be possible to combine several groups into one big virtual group and browse / update them simultaneously.
jfranc72 wrote:
Mouse ability using wheel to move up / down page at a time. Now wheel click is line up /down only.
I'll look into that
jfranc72 wrote:
I got an error message - I emailed it to you (don't have now) but it was my fault in that the desired download disk was full. Should NewsLeecher check for disk space availability and notify user if not enough space ???
Yup. NewsLeecher beta 8 actually makes such a check when it tries to write a file to the disk. But the checking is not 100% bulletproof yet. Working on it :wink:

Cheers