server priority

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
patchwork

server priority

Post by patchwork »

Server Priority does not work, it will only download from servers with a priority of 1.

Pete

Lips
Forum Moderator

Re: server priority

Post by Lips »

patchwork wrote:Server Priority does not work, it will only download from servers with a priority of 1.
If all of the articles are available on your priority 1 server, then this is the correct behavior. If this is not the case, then more details about the problem will be needed. What servers and priorities are you using? Please include some sample log entires (enable detailed logging) relating to the problem downloads.

--
Lips

patchwork

Post by patchwork »

Hi

I have been playing around a bit more since the first post.

If the servers are ordered 1,2,3,4,5 then it appears to work fine.

In my original setup I had

Priority 1 - newshosting (unlimited)
Priority 1 - ISP server 1
Priority 1 - ISP server 2
Priority 1 - ISP server 3
Priority 2 - easynews

Using this setup easynews would stay idle all the time, even if segments were missing from the other servers.

While useing the above setup I also noticed if I had a stalled download(stopped at 90% etc..), I could disconnect, then in the server manager move easynews to the top of the list and change its priority to one, reconnect and the download would continue, so maybe the 2 bugs are connected.

Pete

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

patchwork wrote:I have been playing around a bit more since the first post.

If the servers are ordered 1,2,3,4,5 then it appears to work fine.

In my original setup I had
Priority 1 - newshosting (unlimited)
Priority 1 - ISP server 1
Priority 1 - ISP server 2
Priority 1 - ISP server 3
Priority 2 - easynews

Using this setup easynews would stay idle all the time, even if segments were missing from the other servers.

While useing the above setup I also noticed if I had a stalled download(stopped at 90% etc..), I could disconnect, then in the server manager move easynews to the top of the list and change its priority to one, reconnect and the download would continue, so maybe the 2 bugs are connected.

Pete
Pete -

With the Newshosting set as priority 1, I would expect that in general Easynews would not get much use. Unless Newshosting is having problems. Well, it seems there were problems yesterday afternoon that could have caused missing articles. I don't use NH, so I cannot test for myself.
For how long have you been seeing this problem? How often has this problem ocurring? Are you seeing any server errors? How old are the articles in question? I find it a little curious that Newshosting is often missing articles, unless they're having problems. Or is this just happening with 1 post? Is NL losing connection with NH or any other of the servers?
Check the log (with detailed logging enabled) for entries referring to the problems.

All that being said.....
There is a possibily of some data file corruption. Install NL into a different directory/drive as a "clean" install, using a fresh data directory. Setup the servers and download from a couple of groups and see if the problem has cleared.

--
Lips

barbarawood

Post by barbarawood »

There are a wide range of food sources, furnishing you with a wide assortment of alternatives. I'm going to spread out an alternate sort of Buffet near me for you - a progression of ways pioneers endeavor to accomplish objectives after they have been set.

keeranhops

Post by keeranhops »

I wonder how relevant and applicable it is now. I think that it is valuable for all understudies. I can likewise encourage you to focus on phd proposal writing service - these are genuine expert scholars who compose for you a composed work of any intricacy (exposition, thesis, and so on) on schedule without copyright infringement