bugs + stuff re: beta 8

Found a bug in NewsLeecher? Post a bug report here. Please describe how to reproduce the bug.
• Be sure to read the bug reporting guidelines before posting.
pabc

bugs + stuff re: beta 8

Post by pabc »

I've emailed these via feedback but have them here as well;

Bug:
I subscribed to an group but didn’t immediately grab the headers. I subscribed to a few more grabbing the headers each time. When I went back to the first group I couldn’t do an update. The update button showed the flashing star but had no effect when pressed. Trying the menu groups>Update groups had the strange effect of switching my active group to a different group (ie not the one I was trying to get the headers for.) Eventually I shut down and restarted the app. All worked fine then.

Bug:
I have 3 servers

I d/l headers from a group whilst only having servers 2 & 3 active in usenet manager. I then switched to only server 1 being active.

I highlighted the headers downloaded on the now inactive servers and hit download. The bots of the currently active server sit there scanning the download queue as you would expect. I then get the headers from the server 1 and things go wrong.

The result is the active group files > properties show available servers as 1 and the transfer queue files > properties shows the same files as available on servers 2 & 3. The end result is that I have files in my queue which could be downloaded via server 1 but are just sitting there. The only choice is delete the queue and add them again from the active group

Request:
One big plus of Newsbin Pro is the bandwidth throttler - I share my connection and always like to leave 100kbps for the other user. I cant do that with NL

Request:
I have 3 servers. I've got headers from all servers in a group but have turned off 2 of the servers in usenet manager - can you change the active group display to reflect that only 1 of the 3 servers is available. ie a file might be complete if parts 1-9 are on server A and 10 is on server B, but is server B is unchecked in usenet manager the file would be effectivley incomplete and should be highlighted as such.

Request: like Grabit - when minimised to tray can you set the tip which displays on mouse hover to show the remaining download time pls.

Request: choice of download speed graph background (silly, I know)