Addon Service?

SuperLeech is SuperSearch add-on service, used for automatic searching and downloading.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
kel

Addon Service?

Post by kel » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Spiril wrote:What is SuperLeech ?
SuperLeech is an add-on service to the SuperSearch search service.
Does that mean at some point there will be an additional monthly only nuisance level charge (also known as a bad business practice) to use this service as it evolves and comes out of the alpha/beta stages?

Don't take that to mean you can't charge monthly, or that I have a problem with the price increase itself. I've even said it before:
kel wrote:I don't mind the price increase, I'd even pay full upfront at the new price for yearly, but the monthly charges at anything less then $5.00 is considered nuisance charging and is bad business practice. Further, some credit card companies will impose a min charge fee on regularly occurring charges below a certain amount. Again another reason why such low charges are a bad idea in most cases, bad business practice and sense not to offer quarterly, 6month, and/or annual plans.
-
Seriously wish the missing features of local search and the features that have been broken/removed from local search but left in or in some cases improved on the SuperSearch would be fixed/restored and improved upon on for local search. - More details: http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=127938#p127938

NewsleecherUser1

Re: Addon Service?

Post by NewsleecherUser1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:06 pm

.0................................d
Last edited by NewsleecherUser1 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:45 pm

kel wrote:Does that mean at some point there will be an additional monthly only nuisance level charge (also known as a bad business practice) to use this service as it evolves and comes out of the alpha/beta stages?
SuperLeech will always be a free add-on for users who have SuperSearch enabled licenses.
NewsleecherUser1 wrote:I'm on a monthly plan (I do wish I could pay a yearly or semi-yearly fee)
We're working on changing that, so it'll be possible to pay for X ( probably 1 to 12 ) months at a time.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

kel

Post by kel » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Spiril wrote:
kel wrote:Does that mean at some point there will be an additional monthly only nuisance level charge (also known as a bad business practice) to use this service as it evolves and comes out of the alpha/beta stages?
SuperLeech will always be a free add-on for users who have SuperSearch enabled licenses.
NewsleecherUser1 wrote:I'm on a monthly plan (I do wish I could pay a yearly or semi-yearly fee)
We're working on changing that, so it'll be possible to pay for X ( probably 1 to 12 ) months at a time.
We've been hearing how there is work on re-introducing pricing models that don't incur additional charges from our banks because of the low level nuisance style pricing currently in effect since this new model was introduced.

When if ever do you actually plan on introducing such models? Or will it be like the text reader that has been languishing and incomplete for a decade?
-
Seriously wish the missing features of local search and the features that have been broken/removed from local search but left in or in some cases improved on the SuperSearch would be fixed/restored and improved upon on for local search. - More details: http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=127938#p127938