SuperLeech not returning matches v7.0 Beta 1

SuperLeech is SuperSearch add-on service, used for automatic searching and downloading.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
sinrise

SuperLeech not returning matches v7.0 Beta 1

Post by sinrise » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:28 am

No match in SuperLeech but if it right-click and choose 'copy query to clipboard', paste it into SuperSearch, it find the results. I've tried to use SuperLeech before had similar problems. I'm not sure if it's SL in general or just 7 beta.

sinrise

Re: SuperLeech not returning matches v7.0 Beta 1

Post by sinrise » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:23 am

This is really frustrating. My queries return results in SuperSearch but the exact same query returns nothing in SuperLeech, despite the guide saying "..almost as soon as the article is posted to Usenet" which is strange to me because retrieving article headers returns results that don't show up in SuperSearch until 5-10 mins later anyway, and I thought SuperLeech uses SuperSearch.

Also, if I search for something on SuperSearch, does that mean SuperLeech will now not find? It's not that I'm doing that but when I keep doing 'Manual Search' for posts I know have been posted, I finally get fed up and just do a SS and sure enough they are all there.

What could I be doing wrong, if I can copy and paste the entry from SL that find no results, into SS and find results?

#1tech

Post by #1tech » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 pm

I am having the same problems with all versions of NewsLeecher including the latest Forum Beta Releases. I find that SuperLeech queries with short search names such as "::edited:: no specific titles here ::edited::" (that is ::edited:: with a space after it) do not find any files. When I copy and paste the SuperLeech query for "BBB " in SuperSearch many files are found. I do understand that SuperLeech only downloads NEWLY POSTED files. I can let SuperLeech run that query for several days and nothing is found. Then I go to SuperSearch with that query and find lot's of files that SuperLeech missed over those days.

Also, queries I run in SuperLeech for files from a poster, "Poster:xxxxxxx" are not being found. Again, when I copy and paste that poster query in SuperSearch many files are found!

SuperLeech is still not working as advertised.

Moderator Edit : Please read the forum policy before posting!

#1tech

Post by #1tech » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:39 pm

Follow up on my previous reply:
I am running NewsLeecher along with the Newsbin Pro newsreaders at the same time on my computer comparing their performance.
All the query problems listed in my previous reply for SuperLeech are not happening in Newsbin. Newsbin finds and downloads all the "::edited:: " query files and the Poster:xxxxxxx" query files as soon as they are posted. The only problem I have with Newsbin is that you have to download all the headers for all the groups you need your query's to search for downloads. That is a lot of gigabytes of wasted downloads just to find a few files each day. I have seen Newsbin download 7 GB of headers in a day to find 2 GB worth of query files, but the query's work flawlessly in Newsbin.
I still like NewsLeecher overall but I wish that "SuperLeech" functioned as flawlessly as the Newsbin search.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 pm

sinrise wrote:What could I be doing wrong, if I can copy and paste the entry from SL that find no results, into SS and find results?
Pls PM me with the search query then I'll look into it.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:08 pm

#1tech,

The article subjects for the specific video files you are looking for are very unconventional. They don't follow the usual guidelines for subjects of articles containing videos, as they lack any video substring IDs such as "xvid", "x264", "720p".

Do you have the "Video Media Files Inspector" toggle on the SuperLeech entry setup dialog enabled ?

If you have, try to disable it and see if that helps.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

#1tech

Post by #1tech » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Thank you for your concern Spiril!

I have set up a separate Newsleecher SuperLeech "setup.v2.dat" that only includes the problem SuperLeech query's on a secondary computer. I am going to run NewsLeecher for a few days with only these query's. It will run 24/7. I will not log off for that time. After that I will place the SuperLeech query's into SuperSearch and compare the results. I will send you these results with the SuperLeech query's including the accompanying "News and Log" file for that event.

I will make sure not to post the actual search file name strings in the future, Sorry.

I will try disabling "Video Media Files Inspector" on my main downloading computer for those query's. All my other "SuperLeech" searches are functioning well compared to Newsbin Pro.

#1tech

Post by #1tech » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:44 pm

"Do you have the "Video Media Files Inspector" toggle on the SuperLeech entry setup dialog enabled ?
If you have, try to disable it and see if that helps."

NO! When I disable "Video Media Files Inspector" for the query ["YYY "] I get lot's of other files matching the "YYY " from the query including the correct items.
I tried this on my other computer, not the one that's running the test as explained previously (Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:06 pm).

Again, the Poster search Poster:YYYYYYY is a conventional search that does not seem to work in SuperLeech, it works in SuperSearch.

sinrise

Post by sinrise » Fri May 08, 2015 3:54 am

I'd just like to update this post, now that I'm up to beta 7, the SL service is just not working at all. It's been this way for over a week. Reading several other forum posts it's clear no one has found a solution for this yet, some of which included using an older version of NL beta. Is the fact it's beta kind of mean we're not going to get a lot of support, or even feedback on this issue until SL is included in a final release?