Unstable download speed

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Cavaillé-Coll

Unstable download speed

Post by Cavaillé-Coll »

Hi
I have reinstalled my system with XP and of course newsleecher. I am still using version 3.0

What I noticed after the reinstall, is that the download speed is not stable. What I used to see before the reinstalltion is that the bandwith is equally devided over the available channels. The progress bars were smoothly adjusted from left to right. Also the calculated remaining time was quite stable and didn't change for only a couple of minutes.
What I see now is that the right progress bar is either white or totally blue for a split second. The calculated remaining time is constantly changing with a range of 45 minutes of totally 5 hours. Very nervous behaviour.
Well the files are being downloaded, however I wonder what this change in behaviour could be.
Thanks

Rgds
CC

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

Check your AV/Firewall settings maybe they are interfering with the newsleecher downloads.
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

Cavaillé-Coll

It's Avast

Post by Cavaillé-Coll »

Gr8 tip. :D It's the avast! virus scanner. When I disable the virus scanner, then it's OK. I started using this virusscanner since the reinstallation. Back to the old virusscanner I guess.
Thx.
CC

Lips
Forum Moderator

Re: It's Avast

Post by Lips »

Cavaillé-Coll wrote:Gr8 tip. :D It's the avast! virus scanner. When I disable the virus scanner, then it's OK. I started using this virusscanner since the reinstallation. Back to the old virusscanner I guess.
You can try disabling the NNTP scanning options in Internet Mail options in Avast.
Take a look Here.

--
Lips

Cavaillé-Coll

NNTP disabled

Post by Cavaillé-Coll »

I disabled NNTP scanning. That worked Fine. Thanks for your help.
Grtz. CC