How to mark articles for later retrieval?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

candymanlux

How to mark articles for later retrieval?

Post by candymanlux »

Heya,

I'm new here and to Newsleecher. I uses to use Forte Agent but started to not like it anymore since v3 & v4.

Anyway ... the way I'm used to do it is to download the new headers, mark the articles I want and then later hit the 'download marked articles' button.

However with Newsleecher it seems that as soon as I select a file, it will immediately try to retrieve it (correct me if I'm wrong; I'm still in my trial tests).

Is there a way to mark articles WITHOUT starting to download them immediately or is that just the way NL works?

Thanks and sorry for the newbie question :D

Cheers.

Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

You could always highlight the files you need and then right click then and "Export to NZB file" and then save that nzb file and import it later, that's how i'd do it anyway.

All1

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Re: How to mark articles for later retrieval?

Post by Red Dwarf »

candymanlux wrote:Heya,

I'm new here and to Newsleecher. I uses to use Forte Agent but started to not like it anymore since v3 & v4.

Anyway ... the way I'm used to do it is to download the new headers, mark the articles I want and then later hit the 'download marked articles' button.

However with Newsleecher it seems that as soon as I select a file, it will immediately try to retrieve it (correct me if I'm wrong; I'm still in my trial tests).

Is there a way to mark articles WITHOUT starting to download them immediately or is that just the way NL works?

Thanks and sorry for the newbie question :D

Cheers.
There are three ways you could do this. Pause your connection or disconnect from your server before queueing the items. The third option, use the Leech (Paused) option from the context menu (rightclick), shortcut: Ctrl+P
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

NewsleecherUser1

Post by NewsleecherUser1 »

I would really love to see a <Leech><Smart><Paused> option. NZBs work ok but L.S.P. would be nice.