Newsleecher SuperSearch Error Message!!

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

paparilly

Newsleecher SuperSearch Error Message!!

Post by paparilly »

I keep getting this error message when I use super search in the Audio Category. The given search category in not enabled on this server. Please try to restart newsleecher and see if that saolves the problem. If it doesn't, please upgrade to a newer version of Newsleecher. The General Super Search works just fine though.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Upgrade to a later version of NewsLeecher.

Here is a snippet from the Sept 24 post in the News section of the main website
Note: Some older versions of NewsLeecher will have to be upgraded to be able to function with the 'pictures' and 'audio' search categories.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

Or you could always dump SS alltogether and look elsewhere, i did and never looked back, SS is not all that and there a couple of good cheap if not free places to look, don't be forced into upgrading if you don't need to, new is not always best.

All1

paparilly

Post by paparilly »

Alloneword, it seems as though we have the same thoughts. If it ain't broke don't fix it. My newsleecher works fine right now for once, and I'd hate to upgrade as suggested by both Smudge and Newsleecher and then have real problems. Would you give me a little more insight on those alternatives to SS.

Alloneword

Post by Alloneword »

paparilly wrote:Alloneword, it seems as though we have the same thoughts. If it ain't broke don't fix it. My newsleecher works fine right now for once, and I'd hate to upgrade as suggested by both Smudge and Newsleecher and then have real problems. Would you give me a little more insight on those alternatives to SS.
I do suspect that the Govt here will try there hardest to make everyone upgrade but I'll move to another app before they succeed on that front.

I use NewzBin most of the time and change search to search for files not just posts, this I'm told is the same as SS but over the last week has given time and time again better results then NL SS, as I speak to my m8 online and he can't get some files using SS but I can get them using NewzBin, but that's not free, so freebies check out http://alt.binaries.nl and http://www.binsearch.info as well as http://www.newzleech.com but I have to admit to not trying this one much, hope these help for now, I think the more we can show people there is an alternative to SS the more the Govt here will wake up and smell the coffee and offer some kind of discount to returning customers, otherwise there is no point to updating as I'm happy with 2.3 as I say,

Enjoy it

All1