Download speeds dwindle overtime using B15 and beta 18

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Dirtydragon

Download speeds dwindle overtime using B15 and beta 18

Post by Dirtydragon »

I am currently using astraweb and I usually get download speeds of 150kbps+ but for some reason.. my download speeds start at about 150+ then it dwindles down to about 80kb/s When i download headers my speed increases again to 150+ any ideas why this is happening?.... When i first downloaded Newsleecher i got 150kbps all the time.. its wierd.. any help would be great.. I am using b15 and i downloaded b18 and same thing happens... and am registered

salami
Forum Moderator

Post by salami »

possibly caused by a slow server. try another client and see if it happens too.

you might also try to use more bots, usually helps to get better speeds.

Dirtydragon

Post by Dirtydragon »

I am using Astraweb and I am on unlimited plan.. people normally get faster speeds then what i am getting.. and if set the bot count to 1.. it downloads even slower =(

salami
Forum Moderator

Post by salami »

still can be related to an overloaded server / connection to you. it's very unlikely that it gets caused by NL.

maybe you should switch to a faster provider ;)

Dirtydragon

Post by Dirtydragon »

But when i click the download headers button my kbps instantly speeds back up to 150kbps

beergeek

Post by beergeek »

What is your cpu utilization like when the downloads are slower? Also, do you have "Never reset hanging connections" checked in your options? You can gradually lose bandwidth if your bots start hanging one at a time.

Dirtydragon

Post by Dirtydragon »

My Cpu utilization is at 22% and it is set to reset when bots hang.. but still its at around 70

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

Did you test this using another client yet?

--
Lips

Dirtydragon

Post by Dirtydragon »

i've used newsbin pro.. and the download is much faster if thats what you are asking

Core_F

Post by Core_F »

But it still could be Astraweb... I had some bad speed problems with astra the last few days... sometimes it just dropped to 600kbit, then got up to 1500kbit again...
··· Logic Is The Faith Of The Future ···

Dirtydragon

Post by Dirtydragon »

but im only at 70kb not 600 kb like you are

elite

Post by elite »

I am on the 600kb/s plan with astraweb and the speed has been fairly constantly maxing out...

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

Dirtydragon wrote:i've used newsbin pro.. and the download is much faster if thats what you are asking
Ok. Did you download the same group of files using the same servers with NL & Newsbin? For example, get the group headers with each client. Queue up a group of files with NL. I don't know how long it takes until the speed drops, but after the speed change switch over to NewsBin. Choose the exact same files for download. What happens? I think it might be worth a try.
Anyways, if you've done this, well, nevermind. But, write back with the results.

--
Lips

Dirtydragon

Post by Dirtydragon »

it takes about 20 seconds for the speed to drop.. and yes i did download using newsbin and its much faster

-Steve