Newsleecher keep pausing

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

worldanh

Newsleecher keep pausing

Post by worldanh »

I download for couple minutes then it just pause, it said my hard disk is full. But it's not. I've tried to change different hdd location and even try to uninstall and delte everything. Help please

12/2/2006 10:36:41 AM Thread Error(567): I/O error 103

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz »

Looks like you might be using Vista, do you have UAC turned on or off? Does the drive where you have Vista installed have plenty of free space for all the temporary files?

techfuzz

worldanh

Post by worldanh »

techfuzz wrote:Looks like you might be using Vista, do you have UAC turned on or off? Does the drive where you have Vista installed have plenty of free space for all the temporary files?

techfuzz
I'm running XP SP2 but that is just the theme Vista, it's XP.

Doeloe

Pauze

Post by Doeloe »

I've got suddenly the same problem.

I run xp sp2 and have also plenty of space on all disks.

Hope someone has a solution.

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz »

Do you have NL installed on that drive or on your C: drive?

techfuzz

Doeloe

Post by Doeloe »

Yes I have NL installed on the C drive.

The DL folder is on another partition.

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

Doeloe wrote:Yes I have NL installed on the C drive.

The DL folder is on another partition.
And how much free space have you left on the C-drive?
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

dlr_graph

Post by dlr_graph »

I have experienced this problem for some time since I began using Vista. I have disabled User account and have ran the program as an administrator (as suggested). The problem vanished... maybe bacause Newsleecher would not download even a header let alone an article? The fact is that the problem has been around for a while and there is no true resolution besides not using Vista. If there is, where is it?

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz »

dlr_graph wrote:I have experienced this problem for some time since I began using Vista. I have disabled User account and have ran the program as an administrator (as suggested). The problem vanished... maybe bacause Newsleecher would not download even a header let alone an article? The fact is that the problem has been around for a while and there is no true resolution besides not using Vista. If there is, where is it?
A compatible version of Vista is being developed and these and other compatibility issues will be addressed. At this time, the workaround for Vista problems are to disable UAC and/or run NL as an Administrator.

techfuzz

Doeloe

Post by Doeloe »

On C I have still 40Gb left. On the other partition still 80GB.

techfuzz
Forum Moderator

Post by techfuzz »

Something else I just thought of, do you have antivirus and/or the windows indexing service running on your computer? An I/O Error 103 can sometimes refer to a file that cannot be opened because it is locked by another process. If you disable the antivirus and anything else that might be locking files as they're being updated, does the problem go away?

techfuzz

Doeloe

Pauze

Post by Doeloe »

Thanks for the tip.

It seems that my problem is solved. I noticed in the taskmanager that it ran NMindexstoresrv.exe. A service used by an application I recently installed Nero 7...

I disabeld this service by turning nero scout off and till now it did not pauze anymore.

Apparently the latest version of Nero locks files every 30 minutes to make an index for Scout!!!!!

Advise to everyone not to install this with NL.

worldanh

Re: Pauze

Post by worldanh »

Doeloe wrote:Thanks for the tip.

It seems that my problem is solved. I noticed in the taskmanager that it ran NMindexstoresrv.exe. A service used by an application I recently installed Nero 7...

I disabeld this service by turning nero scout off and till now it did not pauze anymore.

Apparently the latest version of Nero locks files every 30 minutes to make an index for Scout!!!!!

Advise to everyone not to install this with NL.
thanks will try that, I do have scout running, could be the problem, thanks, =)