files incomplete after downloading

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

hev

files incomplete after downloading

Post by hev »

hello,

i'm using nl b15, and when i started the xpat search function, all files are compleet. I have 2 newsservers. @home and newszilla with ipv6.
When i download the files with @home they are all comlete after downloading, buth when i download these same files with newszilla they are very incompleet! i wanne use newszilla because newszilla has a bette retention. Can someone give me a solution for this problem? i have seached this forum but i can't find a specific answer.

Thank you!

Ugly_Jim

Post by Ugly_Jim »

I'm getting tons of incomplete files using b15 as well :-[ They are on the server, it must be some bug in the program.

I get 5-10 megs of each 50 meg chunk in this post that I'm downloading. Works fine with bnr2 and newsbin. I use newsfeeds, fyi

beergeek

Post by beergeek »

hev: I am not familiar with those providers, but when you do the XPAT search, are both servers configured to do server searches, or just one? Try disabling @home altogether (clear the checkbox on the server list) and do the search on newszilla alone. Do the files show complete? If so, do they download complete?

Ugly_Jim: I am very familiar with Newsfeeds, and know that they periodically have issues with their message id cache. That could be the cause, but you'd still need to provide more info. Is this also an XPAT search, or is it from downloaded headers or imported .nzb files?

elite

Post by elite »

I am having a similar problem - I am with UNS - the files are only about 7 days old.

Basically I had a dvd which I used a nzb (not downloaded form newzbin.com rahter came with the posting). It downloading fine. Then I had to do a reinstall coz I uninstalled netlmiter to install the new version on - they when I started up newsleecher - they just whipped through the existing files of the dvd and plus other files that were of the same age as totally incomplete - and I knew that was not the case since I was downloading fine 10 mins ago.
I tried running it on newsleecher b9 and the same case - incomplete. but astraweb had it complete and they are meant to have less retention than UNS. I imported the nzb and again it said incomplete. So I tried doing a server search for the files and they were ALL there.... ??? So I requeue it and UNS started downloading it - I left it overnight and it had done some files but again the rest had been declared as incomplete and skipped/deleted. So I did a server seach and found it again and requeued it and it is working

I have a few files in different groups - a.b.nl and a.b.mulitmeda and a.b.vintage-films

Some of those should be in UNS TOP 20 groups - no? BTW is there a list of UNS top 20?

BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?????

Off I forgot the weird thing is that the files on the DVD was a slow upload so it started off as being 7 days and progressed on to about 2 days old - the current files which did not work (and saying incomplete) are only 2-3 days old.

beergeek

Post by beergeek »

Maybe some of those files did not get posted with the same message ids that were originally created before posting. In that case, the .nzb would not work, but doing an XPAT or header download would.

elite

Post by elite »

beergeek wrote:Maybe some of those files did not get posted with the same message ids that were originally created before posting. In that case, the .nzb would not work, but doing an XPAT or header download would.
What is an XPAT?

And I did the header download twice for the dvd iso.

And for the other files - i did not use a nzb - i did the old fashion way of downloading the headers and queueing them

hev

Post by hev »

[quote="beergeek"]hev: I am not familiar with those providers, but when you do the XPAT search, are both servers configured to do server searches, or just one? Try disabling @home altogether (clear the checkbox on the server list) and do the search on newszilla alone. Do the files show complete? If so, do they download complete?
---------------------------------------------------
when i disable @home and do the xpat search, the files are compleet on the newszilla server. but when i download the files, there all incompleet. So this does'nt work:(. I think the program does'nt work with ipv6??

elite

Post by elite »

got a similar problem to my existing one - this time I just downloaded headers and queued it - now the files are coming incomplete/missing when downloading with UNS - even though it is only 6 days olds. I do a "XPAT" search for it using only the UNS server and it finds it but won't downlaod it - it runs it through and says incomplete and falls on my back-up server to use - why???

UNS is meant to have 18 days worth of files yet this is only 6 days old....

[edit] Ok- I used Newsbin pro - and download all those files sucessfully so they are on the server but newsleecher is downloading it as incomplete or empty.

Jaded

Post by Jaded »

Beta 15 was doing it and so is beta 18. Its a bug. I have very good usenet servers, and i know the files are complete, yet i get tons of incomplete. I asked about this in another thread but spiral has yet to address it. Would just like to know that he's aware of it and is looking into it. a newsreader that corrupts 30% or more of the files that you download isnt very good.

Jaded

daphatty
Forum Moderator

Post by daphatty »

hev wrote: I think the program does'nt work with ipv6??
You are using IPv6? I know this was a requested feature but Spiril did state that he does not plan on supporting it. At least not until it is widely used.