Big bug. can't get around it. tried everything..

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

thenormal

Big bug. can't get around it. tried everything..

Post by thenormal »

i'm using nl 3.9 beta 1 and so far worked good. I loaded 3 nzbs, started to download and got this error (check the screenshot carefully):

the part at the bottom is messed up.

So i quit nl and restared it. same error.

i tried uninstalling NL and reinstalling. same error and same interface as the screenshot.

i also tried uninstalling it and installing 3.8 final. same error.

So i went in here, searched for the problem and noticed that someone suggested to search for Data folder and delete everything on it since there could be a corrupt config file. I went on the dir where i installed NL and to my surprise, there's no such dir....

I cant use NL anymore and i've been trying everything to fix this problem. i als made an email with the program error code so hopefully some developer will look into it...

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

The Options>Advanced>Folders screen will tell you where the current data directory is located. The default location with 3.8F and later is %APPDATA%\Newsleecher. Be aware that %APPDATA% is a hidden directory by default. Either turn on the "Show hidden folders" option or just type %APPDATA% in the address bar and it will take you there.

According to Explaination of Configuration Files FAQ, the file you need to remove is lvb.dat. That stores the Column view layout of Connections window.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

thenormal

Post by thenormal »

Smudge wrote:The Options>Advanced>Folders screen will tell you where the current data directory is located. The default location with 3.8F and later is %APPDATA%\Newsleecher. Be aware that %APPDATA% is a hidden directory by default. Either turn on the "Show hidden folders" option or just type %APPDATA% in the address bar and it will take you there.

According to Explaination of Configuration Files FAQ, the file you need to remove is lvb.dat. That stores the Column view layout of Connections window.
done and fixed.