Strange download error

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

BlizzardUK

Strange download error

Post by BlizzardUK »

I have no idea why, but I put a bunch of NZBs in to the auto folder and although they all showed up in the queue NL seemed to only download approx 300K from each, and on some NZBs it changed from 1mb to 700K per file, when it should of downloaded 14mb. This happened on loads of them, but not all strangely. I thought maybe the NZB had corrupted, so I re-downloaded, but I got the same problem again. I then try them in another usenet downloader and it works fine, so I guess I can rule out the NZBs being at fault. This has only happened recently, and seems to just randomly happen, a lot of NZBs download fine, but another load don't.

Software : Newsleecher 3.9 Beta 8

I put 50gb of downloads in at one point, and only 15gb actually got downloaded. Here is some info from the log.......(filenames edited out for obvious reasons)

14/09/2007 02:41:11 .............
14/09/2007 02:41:11 ¤ Article part (#53) not downloaded. Article "xxxxxxxxxx S01E03 read nfo if you want more xxxxxx s01e03.part12.rar" from server "Giganews Europe".
14/09/2007 02:41:11 ¤ Server response: "íÇø4�¥_bi¢Ô¹E~ÙdeUëvò<=J§‹b[ع5é.¨õìc¤kÊwñ`¹™"[:‚‘¸>`»Uú¿_¹Ih>Žðûù`¢º4t覮m!©ù¥ìÆtùDY¥p붵U‡6•ÚÐÔ#ÊÔ¡(6<Õ·¢½Óð‰š¶±!èÈ¢þS»Ä†»v�öÂw;yvÕ6ñW»Ö/„�ìÇ­.vì}Â�ø«". Part Msg ID: "part53of61.vZ7KzZnGUnIdQctvY3TL@powerpost2000AA.local". Part Format: "Unknown".
14/09/2007 02:41:11 Action = nnone

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

that is your firewall or antivirus corrupting the data transfer (Avast perhaps?). Disable them and try again.

I recommend reading the firewall and antivirus compatibility list in the FAQ section.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

BlizzardUK

Post by BlizzardUK »

I will try, but I have used Zone Alarm and AVG for months with NL with no problem. But, for test reasons I will try and disable them and report back with my findings. Thanks.

BlizzardUK

Post by BlizzardUK »

HELP is there anything else I can do ? I shut down both my firewall (Zone Alarm) and my virus checker (AVG) and it STILL keeps messing up. Some archives end up being 300K to 1mb each when they should be 14mb each. Yet some archives work fine. The big problem though if I put the same NZBs in another binary downloader then they all work fine. So I am not sure what is at fault. I have used Newsleecher for months with no previous problems, I haven't installed any new virus or firewall checkers. I pay the monthly fee so I would really like to get this sorted as soon as possible otherwise I am not getting anything back. I prefer Newsleecher to my other binary downloader. so I want to get it back up and running properly as soon as possible.

Many thanks.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

By chance do you have an nVidia motherboard with the built-in firewall or is you ethernet card based on the Marvell Yukon chipset? We've seen both of those corrupt data transfers.

With the nVidia board, you have to completely uninstall the firewall software. Just disabling it in the options doesn't actually turn it off.

With the Marvell NIC, you need to get updated drivers directly from Marvell's site. Drivers from OEMs (Microsoft's Update, NIC maker, etc) are not the proper drivers
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.