problem with 3.9 final can you help?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

glenraath

problem with 3.9 final can you help?

Post by glenraath »

I have just downloaded and installed 3.9 final and all seems ok untill i connect then i keep getting message " Newsleacher disconected please remove all reference to newsleacher from host file and restart newsleacher" has anyone got any ideas cos i am well stuck. Just to give some background on this too i have just finished fixing a pc problem caused by internet explorer but it is possible the two are connected has anyone ever come accross this before.
A wise man once said

"Man who go through airport turn style sideways going to bangcock"

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Have you previous used a kracked version of NewsLeecher or a program called NewsSearcher? Those install an entry in your hosts file to block all access to www.newsleecher.com. Open your hosts file (windows\system32\drivers\etc\) with Notepad and remove any lines with www.newsleecher.com. Save the file (with filename HOSTS not HOSTS.txt) and reboot.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

glenraath

Post by glenraath »

I will have another look at that when i get home today thanks for the advice i got the feeling it must be somewhere on the pc cos the laptop is fine and its the same version on there. i had to do a re install using an old backup drive and the version on there could well have been a kracked version from yester year so when i installed my new one its screwwed it all up. The lesson learned here is dont download msn viruses when pissed. lol and keep your backup disk updated haha cheers poster i will let you know the outcome!

:D
A wise man once said

glenraath

Post by glenraath »

i am leaching again cheers for the help. Cant get my head round how simple that was lol. :lol:
A wise man once said