I update headers...close newsleecher and when I reopen it its once again empty..

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

shaolin95

I update headers...close newsleecher and when I reopen it its once again empty..

Post by shaolin95 »

This is a brand new xp SP3 installation. I decided to leave all the folders default this time and I still have the same issue.
I start downloading a group' headers. Everything looks normal. When I close Newsleecher and reopen it, I cant no longer see the downloaded headers.
Its interesting to notice that the post count for the group shows less than what it should be implying that Ive already downloaded part of them but I just cant see them.
Ive bee using the program for a long time and it just started when I recently updated my account and got the latest version.
Help please.

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

One more piece of info.
If I downloaded say, the latest 1 million headers then they will remain there if I restart the program. Its when I try downloading ALL the headers that I wont be able to see them after a restart.
It happens with all groups ive tried.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Have you also ticked the 'Old' checkbox? Maybe you got a filter set?
Fill in your bugs so NL will get better.

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Yes I have old checked and same problem. Ive tried everything I know about the program since Ive been using it for a long time now but no luck so far. :(

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Weird. I know it was asked before here on the forums, but it should have been fixed a few releases back. You could try to clear all your settings and see how that goes.
Fill in your bugs so NL will get better.

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Tried it several times...tried also the beta and still the same issue.
Frustrating to say the least. Maybe I will try installing the old version I had before.

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Ive contacted tech support and still now answer either....this is frustrating now. :(

aedwards

Re: I update headers...close newsleecher and when I reopen it's empty

Post by aedwards »

shaolin95 wrote:I start downloading a group' headers. Everything looks normal. When I close Newsleecher and reopen it, I cant no longer see the downloaded headers.
It's not the group caching age is it? In the Download section of Options there is a Group Caching section with Group Header Cache Expiration options,

By default this is set to 30 days, so when it reads headers from the cache (i.e. when re-opening the group) everything older than 30 days is dumped.

I had a similar problem to you, I lost 94,000 headers from a virtual group. De-subscribing, changing the cache expiration to 1000 days, and re-subscribing seems to have sorted it.

Alan.

shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

You aedwards it was indeed that and I am happy Ive found out a few weeks ago.
Im dissapointed NOBODY ever emailed me back from tech support but at least I got it working.
I hope I dont have any issues with this program since I obviously cant count on the their "support".
Still is the best reader available so no way around it.

Tig

Post by Tig »

shaolin95 wrote:You aedwards it was indeed that and I am happy Ive found out a few weeks ago.
Im dissapointed NOBODY ever emailed me back from tech support but at least I got it working.
I hope I dont have any issues with this program since I obviously cant count on the their "support".
Still is the best reader available so no way around it.
You seem to me like the person that sues for your coffee being hot. I really do not see why support need to help you read the manual.