NewsLeecher Pauses while Downloading

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

motormuijs

solved at my site !

Post by motormuijs »

I had the same problem continiously.
after a while some other programs gave errors also ... low space on C-drive.
I cleaned my C-drive, 20GB free now. (moved documents)
problem solved.

I think .... temp space or cache is used on C-drive and if you're low on space there ..
Gr from mouse

Legion303

Post by Legion303 »

This just happened to me with 5.0b10. I only have 7.5mb down, and the drives it's happening on (one external SATA, one internal PATA) have plenty of free space. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but dropping the number of concurrent threads from 10 (which I've had set for years) to 5 seems to have stopped the issue for now.

The only difference from the last time it was working right is that I downloaded ~200M headers for a group. I started getting the message toward the 150M mark.

linday

Post by linday »

i had the same problem

i did go back to version 3.9 final and the problem is solved now.

But strange that you have to go back to on older version.

But i have not tried the beta version maybe that works also.

linday

Post by linday »

i tried the beta version same probleme paused while downloading.

This is the speed from my povider.

Because i upload E-Books and comics i have to have good newsleecher with supersearch and with a long retentie.

But the 4.0 and the beta give this but 3.9 not. :cry:

I hope this helpes to solves the problem because i pay for a good newsleecher not one that i can,t use. :evil:

Because it,s ridiculous that it doesn,t work correctly.

[/img]

Magic

Post by Magic »

Some possible causes:

- writespeed of the HD to low
- R&E is doing it's work at the same time you're downloading

I had the same problem until I got a faster HD and stopped using R&E (as good as it might be)
Back in business!

Freshman

Post by Freshman »

Q - What version of NewsLeecher have you tested with?
Starting v4.0 final, proceeded to newest v5.0 beta, fall back to v3.9 final.

b.
Q - How fast is your internet connection?
100Mb

c.
Q - Which disks have you tested this problem with?
Internal SSD (av. 150MB/s read+write)
Different USB 2.0 HDs

d.
Q - Do you see the message all the time whe downloading with NewsLeecher, or only during specific downloads?
All the time !

My PC: Intel Q6600 QuadCore @2.51Ghz - Gigabit LAN - Win7 x64

Comment:

Problems occur on v4+ but not on v3.9 final !!!!!

Obviously there is a big slow down from v4.0 on. No matter what I do, even on my SSD NL pauses all the time, again and again, big files, smaller files, SSL or not, 15 or 30 connections, disk space pausing option set to zero, process priority set to highest, R&E off..... But that´s not all to report ! DL speed is also very unstable (besides the slowdowns caused by pausing) and even the tool itself is stuttering, the progress bar animation freezes from time to time. To get full speed I need to set 30 connections !

On v3.9 final everything is very very fine !!! With v3.9 I need 20 connections or maybe even less for full speed... There is absolutely no slowdown, no pausing ever, speed is very stable at highest level, this with R&E enabled on external USB drives on any filesizes.....

As NewsLeecher was changed a lot with v4 I guess it will not be possible to get the old performance back. This is why I´ll stay on 3.9 now which is a pity since NL got so much more comfortable... *sigh*

ineedthis

93%

Post by ineedthis »

Mine seems to pause at 93%.

Teun Bijvoet

Post by Teun Bijvoet »

Let's face it folks. This problem can't and won't be solved by NL anymore. Nobody is home. I tried a few other newsreaders and they work. I did that because you always wonder if it isn't a system problem on your side. Anti-virus interfering or a firewall or some antispyware. Or what have you? But no. I no longer believe that. Try newsbin or grabit or the dedicated newshosting newsreader. And quite a few other ones, I guess. They all work. So it's bye, bye, Newsleecher. It was sweet while it lasted.

ringgold99

Post by ringgold99 »

my files seem to get paused at 95%. My computer is kick-ass and has no problems except for this stupid program. Get a grip NL and solve the problem or give us our money back. End of story.

Thanks Teun. I guess we will all have to do that.

Shame on you NL.

ringgold99

Post by ringgold99 »

is there actually anyone here from the newsleecher site? or are we abandoned?

I would go back to 3.9 but the damn supersearch max days went back to 370 for me on that version. I cannot deal with that.

Ikoth

Post by Ikoth »

Hi.

I've been using NL for years, without a problem on my crappy 4Mb ADSL line. Now that I've upgraded to a 48Mb fibre connection NL is clearly not coping.

The constant freezing when the download speed gets over about 4-5Mb is SERIOUSLY pissing me off.

From reading this thread it's obvious to me that it's a problem with NL, I see the problem disappears if people go back to much older versions. Unfortunately, that's not an option for me due to the reduced search ranges in the older versions.

However, what's most disappointing is the almost total lack of response this issue seems to be receiving from the NL team. I was beginning to think that NL had become "abandonware" until the flurry of beta activity in recent weeks.

But despite the new releases, I note that no one has updated this thread to say that the issue is now fixed.

So, do us all a favour please, and tell us straight - do you have any intention at all of fixing this problem with your software?

I really don't expect you to answer me, as you have failed to do so to the many other paying customers facing the same problem. Assuming you stay silent, I'll take that as confirmation that you intend to do nothing about the issue, in which case, you'll receive MY response at renewal time. (NewsBin anyone...?)

Cheers,

I.

Audio - Concept

Post by Audio - Concept »

I think I found a solution Go to settings To the downloads tab
Open the " pause filters : subject " and Remove the check in the
"write to log on filter hit " and Press save & exit
For me it fixed the problem .

I'm using the latest beta version

Audio - Concept

Post by Audio - Concept »

Someone ......... Response ?

Rich5150

No joy...

Post by Rich5150 »

Audio - Concept wrote:I think I found a solution Go to settings To the downloads tab
Open the " pause filters : subject " and Remove the check in the
"write to log on filter hit " and Press save & exit
For me it fixed the problem .

I'm using the latest beta version
Been having this problem for some time now and it's driving me nuts.

I just tried your solution. Glad it worked for you...not so for me!

Using latest beta, 25MB DL speed...
Admit Nothing
-Deny Everything
--Demand Proof!

ccarlesco

Fixed

Post by ccarlesco »

This seems to be by design - Easy fix:

Go to settings, Download, Leech Tweaks and uncheck "Auto Pause PAR2 Files"