This Program is a money killer.

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

ZaruenMakai

This Program is a money killer.

Post by ZaruenMakai »

I just wasted 40 gigabytes of bandwidth trying to download header,s and as soon as i exited the program (NORMALLY NOT A CRASH)

Reloaded, nad half the headers i just downoaded where gone............

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

The default setting is to keep 30 days of headers in the local cache. When you close a group or quit the application, it will purge headers over this setting.

You can change this value in the settings. Unfortunately just changing it will not bring back the old headers. Due to how usenet headers are sent, requesting headers again will only get the new headers since the last update so it won't get the old ones either. You would have to purge the entire group cache and download the headers again.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Jay163

Post by Jay163 »

Smudge wrote:The default setting is to keep 30 days of headers in the local cache. When you close a group or quit the application, it will purge headers over this setting.

You can change this value in the settings. Unfortunately just changing it will not bring back the old headers. Due to how usenet headers are sent, requesting headers again will only get the new headers since the last update so it won't get the old ones either. You would have to purge the entire group cache and download the headers again.
It does the same to me even though I have it set to keep headers for 60 days it purges them when I close NL and restart it again.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Is it purging all headers? What does the log say?
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Jay163

Post by Jay163 »

Smudge wrote:Is it purging all headers? What does the log say?
Yes it is purging them. I never looked at the log. It purges the headers whenever I close the group and reopen the next day.

I checked every setting possible and can't understand why it keeps doing this.