Supersearch not working

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Handyann

Supersearch not working

Post by Handyann »

Hi,

Supersearch isn't working at the moment. I get a message that it may be having maintenance and to check the homepage for news, or my firewall might be blocking it. It also says to wait half an hour and try again. It's now 10.30am and I've been trying on and off since 7.30.

I checked and there's no bulletin about maintenance and my firewall is exactly as it always has been and I've had no problems before.

I see that others are also having problems so I wondered if its an issue at your end pehaps?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Unicorn Conservation and Restoration Studios
Lincoln, UK

Trained and qualified restoration of your prized objects - old and valuable or not.

Handyann

Post by Handyann »

Ok... why does it always do that??

3 seconds after posting I tried the SS again and the darn thing worked!!!

Sorry to have wasted everyone's time!
Lincoln, UK

Trained and qualified restoration of your prized objects - old and valuable or not.

dlmvegas

It's Not Working

Post by dlmvegas »

As of 4pm PST it is not working properly. It is not finding articles that are posted less than 1.2 days. Same old sTuff as a few weeks ago. Again, nothing posted on the homepage here or the fact that no one cares at Newsleecher either.

If you update a group and then search for something posted in that group today it will not appear under Supersearch.

Travis_p

Post by Travis_p »

What is happening with Newsleecher ? I'm with giganews and have been getting error message 10060 since yesterday afternoon :roll:
I'm pretty new to newsgroups so might need a little help !

Does this message :

The Giganews Usenet Provider Special has been removed for an indefinite period of time.

Until we get the Giganews Special online again, or we come up with an even better special deal for our users, check out these great usenet providers

Does that mean I now cant use newleecher with giganews ?

Handyann

Post by Handyann »

I'm with Giganews too and, for once, it's working ok.
Lincoln, UK

bkz2457

Post by bkz2457 »

Mines missing loads of new posts that exist in groups and has now more or less called it a day, it's just not good enough.

Handyann

Post by Handyann »

Hmmm...well, to be fair, I mostly look for old stuff anyway, so I might not have noticed any glitches.
Lincoln, UK

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Sorry about the indexing downtime on the old SuperSearch engine. It's catching up again now and should be up to date in half an hours time.

Btw, I highly recommend that you use the SuperSearch service of the NewsLeecher V4 / V5 series instead. It's more stable and got a lot more article retention.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.