All downloaded files missing, can't redownload

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

Jimmyjazz

All downloaded files missing, can't redownload

Post by Jimmyjazz »

I left it to download overnight. I think I had to close the program by force in the morning.

In my Queue it shows the whole set as downloaded.
There is no item in Repair/Extract for the binary set.
But there are no files in the download folder.

I try Go To DL Folder, and it takes me to the empty folder.

I try to download again and it looks like it will, but it instantly flickers to Downloaded (without having downloaded anything) and again nothing new is in the DL folder.

Even .par2 files I didn't get the first time aren't downloading. The program will just not let me force something to download twice. What do I do?

iceprizm

Post by iceprizm »

I have been having the same issue for awhile. What worked for me last time was I waited 2 weeks then was able to dl without issue.
It almost seems like the articles aren't there even though they show up.
I noticed you get the same issue using a subscribed group or supersearch.

Jimmyjazz

Post by Jimmyjazz »

There should be a way to force it to download again.

Where did the files go? It's so bizarre and irritating, I've wasted 3gb trying to download multiple times now.

iceprizm

Post by iceprizm »

On my end when I try to DL in the log I get:
10:44:51 PM * Article skipped. Either text-only or unknown encoded article format: .r54".
This message is repeated for all articles.

Check your log to see what your error is.

Jimmyjazz

Post by Jimmyjazz »

10:35:04 PM * Article skipped. Either text-only or unknown encoded article format: .r02".

searching that error code has pages saying it used the wrong encoding when it was uploaded.

I tried leeching (raw) but it didn't download anything.

iceprizm

Post by iceprizm »

I have tried dl'ing the same articles using a different newsreader and they dl'd fine. Seems like the issue is on newsleechers end.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Please send an NZB of these files that are not decoding properly, along with which news server you are downloading from, to support@newsleecher.com so that Spiril can take a look at them.

Thanks
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

BlizzardUK

Post by BlizzardUK »

I think these are DMCA files, loads of archives are being taken down by Astraweb and others (any that subscribe to DMCA rules, which excludes European based ones), this is the message I believe you will see when they (your usenet company) have removed the actual content from their server but stupidly still leave the archives visible to download when searching or using NZB's. I don't think this is a Newsleecher problem, although they may be able to adapt their software to change the response.

Obviously there may be lots of different reasons for the error you get, but I bet, if mainly happening recently, that it is due to the above.

Oh and you can "thank" the posters at NZB sites for much of this, rather stupidly they all started to say which usenet companies the files were still available on using the comments section. So where-as only well known ones such as Giganews and Astraweb may have been effected at first, even little known ones are now public knowledge.

Jimmyjazz

Post by Jimmyjazz »

Ah you're right. When I tried a file in raw mode, it downloaded a text file that said something about the file being removed. It was just so tiny that it looked like nothing was downloaded.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

If you haven't already, please send the details of the DMCA removed posts. Perhaps Spiril can have NewsLeecher detect the files and act accordingly instead of just giving up the error message.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.