nothing is downloading with NewsLeecher 4.0

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

rorysmithers

nothing is downloading with NewsLeecher 4.0

Post by rorysmithers »

I am using NewsLeecher 4.0 and everytime I try to download something, although there is no error given, nothing is actually downloading to my hard drive.

I am using a free usenet server (XS Usenet)

Can someone explain to me why? I have changed the download folder several times and searched my harddrive for the files that I tried to download, but nothing!

For instance, if I download an image, it apparently downloads extremely fast but nothing is actually saving.

BlizzardUK

Post by BlizzardUK »

Check the logs. Is there red text in there ? Fast downloading is usually when a item has been removed from the server you are downloading from, either due to DMCA or just being too old for the retention of your usenet server. If you are using a free server then it may be you are trying to download something older than it has.

cthulhu0673

Post by cthulhu0673 »

I have the same problem.
In log, I have :

06:00:26 * Article skipped. Either text-only or unknown encoded article format

It is the case for ALL posts I try to leech.

I saw in the forum that another persons have the same problem.
Is there an issue with the current version ?
My version is 4.0 Final

It is not linked to age of post neither, because I tried with a post of yesterday, and one of 200 days, and I have the same symptom.
I'm using a paid-usenet server.

Thanks.

BlizzardUK

Post by BlizzardUK »

When you say ALL items, are you going for popular ones ? Try and download a free item of software, such as a Linux distro, and see if the same happens. If it does, then we can definitely rule out the DMCA side of things being the issue.

If it does still happen with free software, then have you got a different country server you can use with your provider ? Some have European and US ones, try the one you are not using. Same with SSL, try without or with, whichever is different to what you are using.

First though, search for something that is definitely freeware and see what it says.