Cannot Leech Anymore, Mostly Due To Astraweb. What's the solution?

Post your questions here if you need help to use NewsLeecher or if you have a question about a feature.

tkko

Cannot Leech Anymore, Mostly Due To Astraweb. What's the solution?

Post by tkko »

When I use Supersearch, 99.99% of he files t are from Astraweb, when I leech, it says no such article with error 430.

Is there any solution to this? is there anyway to exclude results from astraweb?

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

That doesn't have anything to do with Astraweb. Whatever news server you are using just doesn't have the articles. Either they are older than your servers retention or were removed due to a DMCA order. SuperSearch allows you to search farther back than any Usenet server currently retains.

balteck

Post by balteck »

I've just got your Usenet service and I got same problem. SS finds some articles, but neither with eu.newsleecher.com or us.newsleecher.com find them.

Your index takes care of your server?

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Pls PM me with a couple of SuperSearch queries that return non-available articles.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

mike.scargill

Having the same problem works fine on Giganews

Post by mike.scargill »

Just realized I am having the same problem.

BlizzardUK

Post by BlizzardUK »

As mentioned in many other posts, this is most likely a DMCA issue, there are now automated instant removals from USP's (such as Astraweb) for items that are on certain companies "taken down" lists. For instance, even TV shows will be on this list, so just because they are free to air don't think the copyright people are not going to take them down because they are, in there 100's.

For some reason some missing files mention DMCA in the message and others just say 430, but they are all due to take downs due to copyright. I am unsure if the message change depends if they are first uploaded on Astraweb or perhaps they are removed before they even get populated on to Astraweb.

Even using a Dutch provider won't always help. Tests have been done and even Dutch ones have many of the same missing files, making me think it is due to the server it is first uploaded to removing the files before they make it elsewhere, but that is a guess as I thought it would be almost instant.

The final option is it is out of your retention range, but, I reckon 99% is due to DMCA take downs which have gone crazy over the last few months due to many being automated now and the fact the companies have almost killed everywhere else so they now focus on usenet, they probably have a tick list they are working their way down on.

tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

that's why we need the next ver of NL with the auto download functionality PDQ :)

either that, or for nzb sites DIAF since they're the ones alerting the copyright holders anyway

BlizzardUK

Post by BlizzardUK »

Well, you got your wish, 3 major NZB sites have all died this week. I used them a lot so I am not happy myself, as many posts were numbered or coded (ones not on a DMCA list) and Supersearch won't help with that aspect.

tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

i know, some friends were freaked out earlier about nzb matrix.

my point still stands though. the indexers are doing their work for them